We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from one Resort to Another

Atlanta, Georgia
3 posts
Save Topic
Transportation from one Resort to Another

Hello: Big question for my first post. Have been reading and learning.

Going to Punta Cana and staying at Majestic Elegance. We have friends staying at Excellence or Secrets and we want to connect with them. I am not sure which resort but will know soon. Can you tell me best way to get there? I know there is a bus in Punta Cana as I learned it on here. ;) Can you tell me how much taxi would be or how I would find out? Is bus the best way to get there just for a short visit? Is taxi expensive? Am I paying with US dollars or peso or what? Thank you. It is our first time here and I am grateful for your help.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from one Resort to Another

the best way is to take a cabby right from the lobby at the Majestic Elegance.

if your friends stay at the Excellence, that would be a 25 minutes ride and should cost around $30.- - $35.- one way, if they stay at the Secrets Royal Beach it would be a 15 minutes ride and should cost around $20.- - $25.- each way.

in both cases you can order your taxi for the way home right there at the hotellobby.

be aware that you need to purchase a Daypass or evening pass to be able to enter the hotels for a visit, check with their hotel first if such is available. such visitor passes range around $85.- - $125.- per person and are not available when such hotel runs on near full capacity.

maybe it would be a good idea to meet with your friends some where off resort, no daypass or evening pass needed, a good location between your hotels would be for example the Plaza Bavaro to hook up at Steve's Bar, or you have together a nice Lunch at the Jellyfish Restaurant right on the Beach etc.

have fun

Mike

Bavaro, Dominican...
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from one Resort to Another

First thing to know is that you can't just walk into a resort to visit the only way you could do that is buy a day pass, better off arranging to meet your friends in a bar or restaraunt somewhere.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from one Resort to Another

Wow! Thanks for the fast response and info. You did not mention the bus. Is it a bad idea and thanks again.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from one Resort to Another

if your friends stay at the excellence, then there is no busroute available.

if they stay at secrets there is a route available, but you have to change busses on the way, not that it would be a big deal, but it could appear a bit confusing/complicated for guests not familiar with the area.

Mike

Bavaro, Dominican...
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from one Resort to Another

No they're cheap and safe, no bus stops they stop where ever you stand and wave down, the routes they take can sometimes involve a change in buses though especially from the majestic area but the conductors are always helpful and will tell you where to get off, my opinion the ease of jumping in cab at your lobby and getting where your going quicker without standing on the sidewalk with the sun beating down on you makes the cab fare worth it though.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation from one Resort to Another

Thank you so much. I am feeling a cab trip in our future if this all works out. Really appreciate your help.

7. Re: Transportation from one Resort to Another

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 21, 2014