We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Memories Splash

canada
Level Contributor
181 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Memories Splash

Hi there

I noticed Sunwing has a new resort listed ...Memories Splash Punta Cana. Can someone tell me if this is just a renamed resort and if so, what was the former name? Thanks

Cambridge, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Memories Splash

Curious if anyone has found a resort map online showing the royalton and memories. If so, can you point me in the right direction. I'm interested in the memories, but have 2 and 5 yr old sons and not sure that I want to rely on a shuttle (how often do they go) or long walk to the beach.

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
32. Re: Memories Splash

GrandSlammer, there isn't any official maps yet as real photos will be released by Royalton in November, but I was able to find this: resortsmaps.com/maps/map-RoyaltonPuntacana.g…

You can sort of see the water park in the green forest-y area between Memories (left) and Royalton (right) and then the ocean to the right on Royalton's side.

Kazan, Russia
Level Contributor
10 posts
Save Reply
33. Re: Memories Splash

you can see here https://www.google.ru/maps/preview#!q=%D1%82%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%B0%D1%80%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BD&data=!1m4!1m3!1d8945!2d-68.4716137!3d18.7295031!2m1!1e3!4m15!2m14!1m13!1s0x415e44478b90ff69%3A0x129e2a779de68b68!3m8!1m3!1d141706!2d43.9267452!3d56.29274!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!4m2!3d55.1802364!4d50.7263945&fid=7

Cambridge, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Memories Splash

Thanks missteresa and Marat S - looking at the 2 maps, seems some of the rooms at Memories may be 750 m from the beach. Maybe not great with the little kiddies. :(

Toronto, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
35. Re: Memories Splash

I booked for Dec 4th 2013 for 7 nights and am excited to go and unwind. I'm in my mid-20's and will be coming to relax and have a great time with my mother. I'm hoping there will be a group of young people as well! Hoping the splash park doesn't attract too many children (as darling as they are) because it wouldn't be fun to hear all the time. Anybody aged 20-35 booked that week?

Also the maps on google make the beach look like a super far walk from the beach :( kinda disappointed. I'm hoping going a few days after they open will not cause any issues with them not having everything ready and still being under construction etc..

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Memories Splash

Anastasia - Welcome to the Punta Cana forum! Booking a resort so close to opening from my experience is a bit of a gamble, but as long as you have a positive attitude that the resort may not be fully up and running, then I'm sure you'll have a great time!

If you check this post, Mike Fisher's reply (post #5), says it best -

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g147293-i28-k683487…

Edited: 10:03 am, November 14, 2013
Stratford, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Memories Splash

Hi Claudia,

Wondering when current pics will be posted? Also will EVERYTHING be up and running by December 1st for Memories Splash? I am booked for December 3rd, 2013.

Toronto Ontario...
Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Memories Splash

Anyone who is considering this resort should re-consider. It's still not completed and there is lots of construction happening on the premises. The landscaping is also not complete with some rooms still undergoing the major renovation.

Proceed with caution! The waterpark is done but the resort is not really is the best condition. My client sent me pictures so I do not want to disclose them online at this time but it doesn't look like a place to take the kids or walk around barefoot. Avoid till they complete their work unless your ok with the noise and construction site.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Memories Splash

CharlieTravels - Does this comment apply for travellers to both the Royalton and Memories Splash?

Toronto Ontario...
Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Memories Splash

This is for the Memories Splash. My customer is there right now and he doesn't want to stay at the Royalton either because he still sees problems there. He described in the buffet area at the Royalton with a water ceiling leak.