We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

are the menus in english?

canada
Level Contributor
1,666 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
are the menus in english?

Going to grand bahia pricipe bavaro, was wondering if menus at restaurant, bars and buffet are in english?

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: are the menus in english?

yep, no worries.

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,758 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: are the menus in english?

Most restaurants off the resort will have English menus as well.

BObK

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: are the menus in english?

in the tourist area/punta cana, specially on site at the resorts, menues in spanish and english together is the norm.

bon apetit

Mike

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,489 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: are the menus in english?

Some resorts we have been to do have different language versions so if you do get a Non-English one just ask them to change it

canada
Level Contributor
1,666 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: are the menus in english?

Thanks everyone!

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,934 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: are the menus in english?

And also note that sometimes the translations are not too correct! My friend reads french too and sometimes the discription of an item isn't worded the same even in English and French. I think this is what can cause some problems with food choices. People see a dish with the same name as what they have at home - but when it arrives it isn't the same at all.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: are the menus in english?

sackie is correct, sometimes the translations aren't 100% correct. I just go with the flow. If I hate the meal just ask for something else.

8. Re: are the menus in english?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 27, 2014