We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just booked the Now Larimar, have we made a mistake :-(

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Surrey
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Just booked the Now Larimar, have we made a mistake :-(

Hi all

Please help!!

We have just booked a stay at the Now for July. Me and hubby aged 28/29 going for our wedding anniversary. We picked this hotel because the majority of reviews being good, good price, like the sound of the entertainment etc.

Since booking yesterday however there are a couple of negative reviews about food that has me thinking whether we have made the right choice or am I just over thinking things!!

I know you can't please everyone and I know that peoples expectations and experiences are different but I just need some honest thoughts please!

I hope we will enjoy our stay as too late to change now!!

Thank you in advance

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,623 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just booked the Now Larimar, have we made a mistake :-(

STOP looking at the reviews...don't second guess yourself......you picked that resort for great reasons....stick with them.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just booked the Now Larimar, have we made a mistake :-(

Cbolton. Some people aren't happy unless they're whinging about something. Go forth and have a great time. Just remember, any place is what you make of it. Happy anniversary

Surrey
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just booked the Now Larimar, have we made a mistake :-(

Thank you both SO much! You're absolutely right, I will stop looking lol...

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just booked the Now Larimar, have we made a mistake :-(

You're welcome

😀😀😀😀

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
550 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just booked the Now Larimar, have we made a mistake :-(

Do you really think you will stop looking? Probably not... instead take the reviews with a grain of salt. As mentioned in an earlier reply some people are just never happy!!!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
44 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just booked the Now Larimar, have we made a mistake :-(

When you say just booked, how recently? I know others say don't worry, but those reviews (and there were multiple) were very bad in terms of cleanliness and food...I would try an make a change if possible. You spend a lot of $ for these vacations don't leave a lot to chance..

Edited: 2:53 pm, May 09, 2013
Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just booked the Now Larimar, have we made a mistake :-(

Don't listen to panic mongerers. Go and enjoy.

Surrey
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just booked the Now Larimar, have we made a mistake :-(

Booked yesterday. Like two reviews said about the rooms not being cleaned until 4 and 5pm....really? There's hundreds of rooms so I don't pay attention to things like this. We will still be enjoying the sun at these times.

I haven't seen any negative reviews about the general cleanliness of the hotel. In fact mostly all of them comment about how nice the grounds are and how the staff are always cleaning!

We are not going to change. After reading some reviews of other hotels, someone always has an issue to raise no matter how grand the resort is!

Surrey
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just booked the Now Larimar, have we made a mistake :-(

Booked yesterday. Like two reviews said about the rooms not being cleaned until 4 and 5pm....really? There's hundreds of rooms so I don't pay attention to things like this. We will still be enjoying the sun at these times.

I haven't seen any negative reviews about the general cleanliness of the hotel. In fact mostly all of them comment about how nice the grounds are and how the staff are always cleaning!

We are not going to change. After reading some reviews of other hotels, someone always has an issue to raise no matter how grand the resort is!

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,623 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just booked the Now Larimar, have we made a mistake :-(

Well done cbolton......