We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Internet service

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Plains, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
198 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Internet service

Has anyone ever purchased Internet service through GOBECON.COM? Just learned of this yesterday. Will be traveling to Punta Cana end of May. Wondered if anyone used this & could give their opinion on it. Considered using the Resorts wifi but was advised against it b/c of quality.

Thanks!.

New York City
Level Contributor
65 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Internet service

Do you know which Provider they use (such as Orange, Claro,etc)

Newfoundland, Canada
Level Contributor
91 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Internet service

Orange

Kennedale, TX (DFW...
Level Contributor
87 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Internet service

I called the US toll free number to confirm a reservation. I left a message and the call was returned within 5 minutes. I stated that we were staying at the Bavaro Princess in July. I was told that I could pick up the WiFi device at the hotel's internet center. As for speed, another post quoted 500K upload and download speeds. I will confirm the numbers in a couple of months.

Kal and Melissa

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Internet service

The guys over at gobecon are smart and must be making a killing.

All it really is. is turning a smartphone into a wifi hotspot. I presume Orange offers an unlimited data package which is why they are able to offer them so cheap at 29$ a week. So as long as they pay their bill on time you will have internet service.

Anyone can actually do it with any smart phone in their home country and avoid paying for normal internet. That is however if your not into streaming movies and stuff as 3 and 4g are obviously slower then regular providers.

`

Mokena, Illinois
Level Contributor
622 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Internet service

Upon arrival at the airport, on June 12, our Gobecon representative was waiting for us next to our airport transfer. We pre-ordered and pre-paid for two of the $29.99 Wi-Fi hot spots; after leaving our $50.00 deposit (each unit) and signing the form, we were quickly on our way. The Wi-Fi hot spot allows 3G internet connectivity; we never experienced any issues with our hot spots. The hot spots can operate while plugged in or unplug them and take them anywhere. The internet did slow down a bit once four IPhones were attached to it and operating; but still had good speed. As we entered the check-in line for the airline at the airport on June 19th, the $50.00 deposit was promptly returned to us. I highly recommend this internet service; it worked as advertised.

Jarabacoa...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Internet service

Hi there, never heard of them but I got ours from Mifi Services and was working perfectly even with 6 devices connected at the same time, found them under this name on the internet.

17. Re: Internet service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 23, 2015