We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What did you tip in PC?

Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
What did you tip in PC?

Im wondering what to tip for things, did you do them daily and how much?

-room service (daily or at end)

- bartender

- breakfast lunch dinner

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,628 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What did you tip in PC?

$2 daily tor the maid

$2 daily for the trudge sticker with a note asking for what we would like

$5 beach/pool server two - three times a day

$2 buffet

$5 ala carte

Other tips as we feel warranted

Tipping is very subjective. Do what you are comfortable with.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What did you tip in PC?

200 pesos/5 bucks per day the Maid on the pillow

breakfast and lunch at the buffets 100 pesos per day on da table

dinner 200 pesos per dinner on da table

at the bars depending how long/often we frequented each, a couple bucks per day and at the several times per day frequented swim up bar in front of the room 500 pesos extra on the last day

20 bucks for the fridge restocking guy on day one, he is in charge to keep the wines of certain brands stocked/always available on the room and brings the specific requested afternoon snacks daily on the room, he even refills the ice so the beers stay cold, as the roomfridges at resorts never cool down a beer not even near a acceptable temperature, some ice and some salt added to store the beers in one of the handwashers is a huge help.

Mike

canada
Level Contributor
1,730 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What did you tip in PC?

I agree that you should tip what you can manage. Not everyone has the same circumstances financially and therefore will likely tip differently.

The staff, I am sure work extremely hard and therefore we will tip accordingly. If we do however receive poor service - then that will affect the tip.

Leeds, Engalnd
Level Contributor
3,098 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What did you tip in PC?

100 pesos ($2) for the maid every day / every other day and also any change and small notes we have left / collected by the end of the holiday , 100 pesos ($2) in the fridge with a note when we want anything different (i.e just diet pepsi instead of normal pepsi)....100/200 pesos ($2/3) to bell boys, 50 pesos ($1) to bar staff / drinks servers/ waiting staff but not everytime, roughly 300 pesos ($5) in a la cartes .....

but we only tip if we think the staff deserve it and we will tip more for the staff that go out of there way to make us feel special :-)

Edited: 9:44 am, April 29, 2013
Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,122 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What did you tip in PC?

maid $3-5 a day on the pillow

Fridge restocker $2, left in fridge every day

Servers $3-5

Beach Dinner Server $10-20

Bar - $1 each time we went up (2 drinks)

Butler - $10 upfront and $5-10 for special requests

Spa - $10

Our favorite staff got extras

There is no set rule for tipping, so tip if you want for however much you want.

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
8,142 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What did you tip in PC?

#3 wrote... "I agree that you should tip what you can manage. Not everyone has the same circumstances financially and therefore will likely tip differently. "

It's my feeling that if any of us can afford a nice vacation, like a week or two in PC, then we can afford to tip. I think it's more a matter of what we WANT to do, which is of course dependent on our own personal tipping culture at home. But, I'm sorry... I don't think people don't tip because they can't afford it, but rather because they don't want to... for whatever reason. You do what you want to do, but don't blame it on not having the resources. If you're living that close to the edge, financially, then what are you doing, taking a nice vacation like this, when there are bills to pay???

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
2,237 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What did you tip in PC?

We also passed out a few dollars every day to the gardeners we saw on the way to the buffet. Also, a few dollars to the gentleman that made my omlet every day. Pretty much on par with everything else people mentioned in the above threads.

essex uk
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What did you tip in PC?

may i suggest poozieny that you stick to answering the question and not pontificating on what people do

9. Re: What did you tip in PC?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 am, May 03, 2013
Paisley, Scotland...
Level Contributor
43 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What did you tip in PC?

Poozieny, we are spending thousands coming from uk for our honeymoon, most of it has been paid by family and this is a once in a lifetime trip for us, we don't have hundreds of spare dollars that we can use for tipping but whatever we have spare at the end of the day we will of course use to tip the people we see fit to tip. It might not be as much as what others can afford to give but it is what we can do, I think that is what #3 meant

Andy