We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Sands Resort in Punta Cana - Room options???

Toronto
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ocean Sands Resort in Punta Cana - Room options???

I have a friend getting married in January at the Ocean Sands Resort and my husband and I are trying to decide which room to book. We feel weird booking the honeymoon suite as it is our friends' wedding - but for some reason it's cheaper than the Deluxe Suite - and the deluxe suite doesn't come with a guaranteed ocean view.

I know the answer seems obvious - but we don't care about the $ so much, we just want to get the best room. And our travel agent hasn't been there, so is totally clueless as to why the Deluxe Suite is more expensive.

Anyone who's been to the Ocean Sands side (it's the newer side) and has seen all the rooms and could give us their opinion - would be more than appreciated!!!

Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Sands Resort in Punta Cana - Room options???

The Ocean Blue and Ocean Sands buildings are exactly the same. They opened within a month of each other. We booked the Ocean Blue but ended up on the Sands side. You use the same pools and restaurants so it really doesn't matter.

I believe the honeymoon suites are 2 stories with a jacuzzi on the upper level. If you book the deluxe suites they are in the same building as the honeymoon suites but you do get some extras (I'm not sure if you get these with the honeymoon suite) such as motorized watersports, horseback riding, massage and a free meal at one of the surcharge restaurants. Maybe try emailing the hotel and they can confirm the exact inclusions for each category for you. The email is info@oceanhotels.net We loved the hotel and would definitely return.

2. Re: Ocean Sands Resort in Punta Cana - Room options???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, August 16, 2009