We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Punta Cana Weather

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
trm
Pittsburgh, Pa
6 posts
Save Topic
Punta Cana Weather

Has anyone just got back from Punta cana within the last week or two? I'm just curious about how the weather really was. I've been checking and it shows a chance of thunderstorms pretty much everyday. I'm a little nervous because my group is leaving for Punta Cana on the 17th of June for my friends wedding.

Texas
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Punta Cana Weather

i'll be there the 1-6 so if this is still up when i get back i'll let you know, or if i can get on the internet while there i'll post lol'

trm
Pittsburgh, Pa
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Punta Cana Weather

Thank you so much!!! Have a great trip!

Texas
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Punta Cana Weather

on another post (there are several about weather)

nutmnm

Forum posts: 24

Inside pages created: 0

Just returned. Not a single drop of rain. One day it was partly cloudy...but that

atlanta
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Punta Cana Weather

Hi TRM, we just returned last Thursday. We were there for 7 days and saw the same forecast as you are seeing before we left. 7 days and no rain at all...

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
60 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Punta Cana Weather

my coworker was there couple of weeks ago and she said the weather was great!!!

trm
Pittsburgh, Pa
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Punta Cana Weather

Great..seems like we have nothing to worry about. Thanks for the info everyone!

Shippensburg, PA
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Punta Cana Weather

Don't put too much stake into weather reports. For the past three years, weather reports for our annual Riviera Maya trips to Mexico were always showers or thunrderstorms. Why? because of the humidity and the possibility of brief flare ups. You have many more chances of having great weasther than having long periods of rain. In fact, we had long period of rain in Mexico two years ago, but that was because of a tropical; disturbance out to sea. If it the tropics are clear, your good to go.

Were heading to Punta Cana June 3rd to June 10th, just THREE DAYS!!!! The actual weather forecasts have changed EVERYDAY. So take them for what their worth, guesses.

new jersey
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Punta Cana Weather

We just returned yesterday from Punta Cana and the weather was fabulous, no rain at all, very very hot! enjoy your trip :)

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,921 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Punta Cana Weather

We were there second week in May. The predictions were the same then. There were a few clouds in the sky during the day. Around 4:30 or so, a few dark clouds would sometimes go by. Was there four days and it rained for 20 minutes and was beautiful again. Stayed poolside while it rained.

10. Re: Punta Cana Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, August 15, 2009