We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palladium or Barcelo??

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,666 posts
215 reviews
Save Topic
Palladium or Barcelo??

OK - so a year from now my second daughter will need to take her senior trip. This is one where all the families go along with the kids. So, which place is better? Would love to hear from those that were at either place this past week....good and bad.

I know it seems early, but their meeting is actually next week and we will probably book around 11 months out.

Thanks for any help that you can offer.

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palladium or Barcelo??

I can't give you a comparison, as I have never been to the Barcelo. I can tell you the Palladium is an outstanding resort and would be perfect for this occasion. To help you with your research, you should really browse all the info one can find on the palladiumaddict.net website to see if the Palladium would be a good fit.

Saint John, Canada
Level Contributor
3,089 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palladium or Barcelo??

I second the recommendation for the Palladium

St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
4,134 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palladium or Barcelo??

I know that the Barcelo Dominican Beach is a huge spring break destination. You might want to avoid that one.

Cliff Island, Maine
Level Contributor
3,437 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palladium or Barcelo??

My vote is for the palladium. It's excellent for families.

england
Level Contributor
5,667 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palladium or Barcelo??

Which Barcelo are you thinking of... There are 3 seperate . The Barcelo Punta Cana.. Barcelo Dominican Beach & the Original Barcelo complex..All very different..

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Palladium or Barcelo??

I would recommend the Palladium

N. Atlanta
Level Contributor
881 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Palladium or Barcelo??

I've been to Palladium, Barcelo Palace Deluxe, and Barcelo Dominican Beach. Avoid Barcelo Dominican Beach, it's terrible. Loved both the Palladium and Barcelo Palace Deluxe and think either would be suitable for your group.

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,666 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Palladium or Barcelo??

Thank you for all of your replies. Very helpful.

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Palladium or Barcelo??

you said this was for a senior trip, I am assuming this is a school trip? yes ? so kind of like a spring break trip? or s it families with their senior kids or a school sponsored trip with chaperones ?

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,666 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Palladium or Barcelo??

Families with their kids, but also a high school senior trip. My daughter is "that kid" who plans all the dances and has around 100 kids at pictures and on a couple buses that she books and organizes.