We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Room Requests @ Paradisus Palma Real....and other questions

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dayton, OH
Level Contributor
291 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Room Requests @ Paradisus Palma Real....and other questions

Can anyone provide an email address for me to contact someone at Paradisus Palma Real about room choices? We have a regular room (not Royal) and when I booked it said it could be 2 double beds or one king bed. I want to try to request a king bed since its just me and my husband travelling. Also, can anyone make more specific recommendations on the best building or location choice? We opted for "garden view".

Other PPR questions that I have -

Royal service was not an option when we bought our trip, so I assume they are sold out during our week (April 20-27). In the event that something opens up by the time we arrive, does anyone know a ballpark of what it would cost to upgrade? If you upgraded, did you feel it was worth it?

Are the beds on the beach for rent? what do they cost?

Is the paid restaurant on the property worth it?

Any other information you would like to share about this resort is helpful. I don't see this place come up too often on this board.

Thanks!

central NJ
Level Contributor
370 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Room Requests @ Paradisus Palma Real....and other questions

I have not been to PPR yet but am going in June. I wish this resort did come up more often on this board. I will try and answer your questions as best I can.

I have an email address for Martina at reservations that you can try. Reservas@solmelia.caribe.com. Her # is 809-221-1111 ext 8427. I heard she is very helpful with any questions you may have.

I did book Royal Service for our trip in June. We are going with our two 20yr old daughters so we have two rooms. The upgrade was around $100 a night per room. Both are Garden View. I do feel it will be worth it. RS gives you access to better restaurants. They have one that is just for RS (breakfast,lunch and dinner) and there is not an extra charge for Gabi Beach. Being on the RS section of the beach you will have upgraded lounge chairs and upgraded service. There is also a RS pool as well as a section of the main pool for RS.

As far as the restaurant that you pay extra for.... I have heard good things about it here on TA. A friend of mine was there in December and did not like it. I think we will look at the menu when we get there.

I don't think you can pay to reserve the beds on the beach. I think you just need to make a reservation the day before.

Hope this helps. Have a great time!!! I will be looking forward to reading your review.

Dayton, OH
Level Contributor
291 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Room Requests @ Paradisus Palma Real....and other questions

Thank you for the info, however, I just tried that email address and it came back as undeliverable. Does anyone else have an email address for this resort that I can use???

Dayton, OH
Level Contributor
291 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Room Requests @ Paradisus Palma Real....and other questions

can anyone help?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,694 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Room Requests @ Paradisus Palma Real....and other questions

Here is martinas email.

martinaga@solmelia-caribe.com

Dayton, OH
Level Contributor
291 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Room Requests @ Paradisus Palma Real....and other questions

I will try that email address. Thank you!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Room Requests @ Paradisus Palma Real....and other questions

Just curious. Did that email address work for you?

Dayton, OH
Level Contributor
291 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Room Requests @ Paradisus Palma Real....and other questions

Yes it worked! Martina responded to me.

Toronto
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Room Requests @ Paradisus Palma Real....and other questions

Does anyone have a new email or contact name?

This one bounced back.....martinaga@solmelia-caribe.com

Thanks

9. Re: Room Requests @ Paradisus Palma Real....and other questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 04, 2015