We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Some people are such crybaby's!!!!!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Some people are such crybaby's!!!!!

I've been reading a few of the recent reviews and have found several to be extremely picky. What is with these people? For instance, someone complained about malaria. Are you kidding? If you did even a small amount of research, you would know about this issue a loooong time ago, well before your trip. Second, people nitpick as if these resorts are supposed to cater to your ever freaking need. Yes, this is vacation, but no, the people who work there are NOT your slaves. I believe in order to have a good vacation you need to keep an open mind, and just have fun! It is especially unfair for people who are looking for honest reviews! Come on people just enjoy your trip!

romeo michigan
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Some people are such crybaby's!!!!!

Amen....you're visiting a different country,culture,you are exploring new places,it is not the Ritz and neither is the cost for the services received

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
71 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Some people are such crybaby's!!!!!

i agree.

Stevens Point WI
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Some people are such crybaby's!!!!!

I agree!! You cannot expect a champagne vacation on a beer

budget!!!

ontario, canada
Level Contributor
193 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Some people are such crybaby's!!!!!

The fact that people ONLY have insignificant, "nitpicky" things to complain about is actually a compliment to all the resorts and the people who work at them.

Sault Ste Marie, ON
Level Contributor
502 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Some people are such crybaby's!!!!!

I don't go to a 3rd world country for the cuisine...and I agree, DR is actually listed as a "quinine effective" malaria area...it's there all the time...as for norovirus...we have it in Canada (shhh!!!) The people do their jobs, try to please and some places do it better than others, but I soooo agree, let's keep things in perspective! I love reading the positives, and the specific concerns are also helpful in deciding on a resort...but it is helpful to have very specific feedback.

romeo michigan
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Some people are such crybaby's!!!!!

This is our first trip to DR,July for 12 days at Iberostar Bavaro,our 25th anniversary trip.I know it is going to be lots of fun...its a vacation.I see that 99.9% love it and are going back for the fun and loved the services.Any sugestions from the senior Bavaro vacationers as far as activities,entertainment...?

Winnipeg, Manitoba...
13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Some people are such crybaby's!!!!!

Thank you LoveTheSun... you summed up my comments exactly! We are heading down on Sat Feb 19 & staying at Sunscape The Beach. People on this forum have been slamming this place from the start (it only opened Dec 04). Lately, the people who have gone in Feb have had great reviews & we can't wait to go. We are celebrating our 25th anniversary and we are simply going to sun, drink, relax, drink, eat, drink & whatever else!

West New York, New...
Level Contributor
212 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Some people are such crybaby's!!!!!

word.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
479 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Some people are such crybaby's!!!!!

Agreed. Honestly, I was embarrased for all the people yelling at screaming at the front desk staff because they had been asked, God forbid, to "come back". So sad.

If you are that picky about having your every need met, please do yourself, and us, a favour and stay home with your own personal butler to attend to you.

Winnipeg MB
Level Contributor
101 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Some people are such crybaby's!!!!!

wordtotravel

"do yourself, and us, a favour and stay home with your own personal butler to attend to you.:

you offering that butler service???

LOL

~TRIE~