We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying Catalonia Royal Bavaro

Stirling, Canada
Level Contributor
825 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Trying Catalonia Royal Bavaro

Hoping to book tonite. Is it worth while upgrading to the deluxe from the superior? We are beach people and that is what is most important. Hopefully some palapas and or shade trees without the dreaded towel games!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trying Catalonia Royal Bavaro

dets, it depends on what's important in a room. They are very similar but the biggest difference is the bathroom size and layout. The Deluxe rooms bathrooms are much larger and more modern with rain shower head. Deluxe rooms are located in the 2 villas closest to the beach.

No problem with beach shade. Some folks complain there is too much. Normally, if not too fussy as to location, you can easily find shaded loungers either under a palapa or under one of the numerous palms. If you want the front rows be prepared to rise early. If you don't mind being back a bit going late should be fine. Remember, it all depends on who is there at the time.

Stirling, Canada
Level Contributor
825 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trying Catalonia Royal Bavaro

We just booked tonite the superior jr suite. Not a bathroom snob..lol. Going for 2 weeks may 3 rd. Should be quieter then. Let the countdown begin! Will probably email to request a kingbed on an upper floor, do you have an email address Marg? Thanks

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trying Catalonia Royal Bavaro

Don't send request before 7-10 days prior to travel date. They won't have a record of your reservation from the tour operator prior to that.

royal.adireccion@hoteles-catalonia.es

All rooms have king beds.

BTW, I'm in 2 countdown modes. I'll be back to Cat Royal in June then in October I'll be at CL. I see you have been there.

Stirling, Canada
Level Contributor
825 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trying Catalonia Royal Bavaro

Thanks for the address. We were at CL last october and really loved it. Thought about going there for the 2 weeks in May butmthought it mightnbe too quiet for us for 2 weeks but will probably consider it again for this October. We just got back on sunday from a week at VH Gran Ventana in POP and booked our Cat Royal trip the next day!! 38 more days!! We have been going to the DR in Oct, Feb or Mar for 1 week then 2 weeks in May. It has become our home away from home I guess. Enjoy your countdown,,

Hamilton, Canada
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trying Catalonia Royal Bavaro

Just got home last week from this fabulous resort:) We were fortunate to stay in our own private villa with infinity pool. These units (there are 10) of them are very close to the beach. You will absolutely love this resort. Have fun!!

Pershore, England...
Level Contributor
264 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Trying Catalonia Royal Bavaro

Dets, I envy you, all those trips to PC. We try to go once a year but can't always do that. Can well understand why it is your home from home. We're off to Cat Royal beginning of June and so looking forward to a fortnight of bliss. Happy holidays.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trying Catalonia Royal Bavaro

Helen, what dates are you going? Perhaps we'll run into each other. I'll be there 11-20th

muskoka ON
Level Contributor
1,969 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trying Catalonia Royal Bavaro

9 more sleeps!!!! So excited!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trying Catalonia Royal Bavaro

bugs, you're gonna love being spoiled by the lovely staff. Make sure to stop by for a few drinks at happy hour at Thalassa pool even if not pool people. Carlos is a fab bar tender and that's where the party folks hang out.

Stirling, Canada
Level Contributor
825 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trying Catalonia Royal Bavaro

29 days today..so excited. The weather here has been sunny but just isn't getting warm though. After not wearing a coat and flip flops for a week hard to do shoes and socks again! Heard from a reviewer there is clamato there so doubly excited. I hear a lounger whispering my name and soon it will screaming.Lol. Enjoy your stay Bugs.