I've been doing a lot of my own research the past few days and I've been actively reading the forums. I finally decided to jump in and ask some questions.
My husband and I are looking to vacation in Punta Cana, but we have yet to finalize the hardest part: choosing the hotel! Here is some of the criteria that we'd like to find in a resort that would suit us:
- larger sized all-inclusive
- great beach! We don't like Secrets or Suncape because they lack this.
- decent sized pool with swim up bar.
- nice amount of ala carte restaurants. I've found that many resorts advertise "6 restaurants" and then I come to find out that its really on 2 because the other 4 are buffets and snack huts.
- lively entertainment / games both during the day and at night. However NOT entertainment that exudes a spring break atmosphere (centers soley around drinking games)
- dance lessons! I love to learn new dances and so does my honey!
- since you can't really leave the resort property, we'd like a resort where its still lively enough at night that we can enjoy the shows and live music and go to the disco if we want to. A resort with some live music at night would be a big plus!
- I read in previous posts that some people judge hotels based upon the landscaping, the hotel bedspread, and the marble accents. This includes us, definitely what we like to see in a resort.
These are the resorts we've narrowed down to:
We liked the Paradisus Palma Real, but it was a bit expensive for us. Feel free to give criticism of these resorts. Its difficult to decide solely based on pictures!