We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation Express Isn't sending anyone to Punta Cana till...

Middletown, OH
Level Contributor
175 posts
Save Topic
Vacation Express Isn't sending anyone to Punta Cana till...

I just got off the phone with my travel agent. She said Vacation Express still isn't sending anyone to Punta Cana. Don't plan on it till Feb. They said the water damage was to bad. They want to give it plenty of time to get back to normal. Anyone else dealing with Vacation Express? Any problems?

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Cincinnati, Oh
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation Express Isn't sending anyone to Punta Cana till...

Interesting.....I noticied that there were planes at the PUJ airport going to Orlando from Punta Cana on Oct 8th. It said on the monitor that it was PACE airlines (which is what Vacation Express uses). I believe vacation express operates to PUJ via a connection in Orlando.

Anyway, if you want to go to Punta Cana before Feb, will vacation express refund your $? Then you can book a direct flight from Cincy to Punta Cana on a Monday or Friday with Apple Vacations. They use USA3000 airlines.

Just some thoughts.......

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Punta Cana Airport
Punta Cana Airport
Dominican Republic
Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacation Express Isn't sending anyone to Punta Cana till...

I wouldn't believe Vacation Express. They are using the hurricane as an excuse so they won't look bad. Alot of people cancelled their trips to Punta Cana immediately after hearing of the hurricane. Their planes probably aren't full or even close to being half full now. It's all about money. They won't make any on their flights or may even loose money until business picks back up. Think about it.

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Henderson, KY
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Vacation Express Isn't sending anyone to Punta Cana till...

Our vacation to Punta Cana was cancelled by Vacation Express and re-routed to Cancun. We were told the exact same thing about not sending anyone to Punta Cana until February. We are flying out Friday morning and they are still sticking behind their story that the damage was just too bad. Not quite sure what they would have to gain by sending us to Cancun instead of Punta Cana. Not quite sure why they are one of the only travel agencies not allowing people into Punta Cana. At least we are all getting the same story though. They could have told us that we could not re-route anywhere else and that our trip was busted completely.

Good luck on your trip.

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Henderson, KY
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Vacation Express Isn't sending anyone to Punta Cana till...

I'm not sure that cancelling our trip to Punta Cana was strickly about saving money though. Our group alone has 40 people who were all going so they were still making money. Maybe they just didn't want to mess with Punta Cana all together. Who knows....I know I was disappointed...but at least I am getting a vacation.

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
New jersey
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Vacation Express Isn't sending anyone to Punta Cana till...

I have had numerous clients return this week and last from Punta Cana and believe me..all is fine.. i'm not familiar with Vacation express, but the reputable places (apple , Gogo, etc) stopped until oct 1st and then resumed service...

Punta Cana (with the exception of Natura Park and the Allegro) is 100%..

by the way , rumour has it that Natura Park was not doing well to begin with (not everyone is into the eco tourism experience when on vacation) and the hurricane damage is just th excuse they needed to go bellyup..who knows...

insist on getting full info, cause yes, the island is up and running, and flights (at least AA, Continental, Pace USA3000) are all going as planned.

roe

seeitall2travel

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
New jersey
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Vacation Express Isn't sending anyone to Punta Cana till...

p/s- 40 people does not fill a plane..previous poster has a point..if they got lots of cancellations, etc. it's feasable.

Henderson, KY
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Vacation Express Isn't sending anyone to Punta Cana till...

Oh I know that 40 people would not fill a plane, but you would think that other people would have been scheduled along with us to go on the trip. Who knows.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
933 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vacation Express Isn't sending anyone to Punta Cana till...

Vacation Express is a wholly owned subsidiary of American Express - pretty reputable as far as I know---two of my vacations have been booked through them with no issues. A lot of the on-line travel sites use Vacation Express - you may have gone through them and not even known it. Discount-all-Inclusive uses them and I believe some of Apples trips actually go through them but don't quote me (I know they have the only cancel for any reason trip insurance).

Middletown, OH
Level Contributor
175 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Vacation Express Isn't sending anyone to Punta Cana till...

Thanks for all your input everyone! All, I know I found a couple of specials on Apple Vacations web sight. I was hoping Vacation Express could honor one of them and send us in early Dec. We went to Puerto Plata, in April and are dying to go to the East Coast. Been to the Riveria Mayan, but love the lush tropical gardens in the Dominican. So we really want to stick to the Dominican. Feb. is just to far away!

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Plata
Puerto Plata
Dominican Republic
Huntley, Illinois
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vacation Express Isn't sending anyone to Punta Cana till...

Punta Cana was damaged, but most hotels are completely back to normal (we just got back from Secrets). The airport was in fine shape. I wouldn't settle for Vacation Express' answers. If they refuse to fly, you can either take their alternate offer, or demand a refund. If you charged your vacation to your Visa or MC, you can dispute the transaction through your credit card company as services not rendered. They are obligated to fulfill their contractual obligation to you (getting you to Punta Cana). Good luck!

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic