We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what is the best month to be in PC ?

sterling...
Level Contributor
106 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
what is the best month to be in PC ?

We just got back from our first trip there. We are already wanting to go back. The weather was mostly great, however we did have a couple days where it was cloudy at times and even had a little rain. I know it can't be perfect all the time, but wondered if there was a time frame where (on avereage) had the best conditions?

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: what is the best month to be in PC ?

May June and JUly are my favorite months, as they are the calmest on average, Ocean on dead flat conditions, winds down near zero.

but rain and clouds, even for several consecutive days, you can hit at any time of the year, including the 3 mentioned months.

Mike

sterling...
Level Contributor
106 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what is the best month to be in PC ?

Thanks Mike. We did notice it was quite windy while there last week. We were told by one of the employees of the hotel that at this time of year when winter changes to spring and the wind shifts, that's when you get the cooler rainy days. That's why I wondered if there was a more stable time of year to go. I also know from looking at weather websites that (statistically) the summer months are more rainy/stormy.

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: what is the best month to be in PC ?

We always travel the last 2 weeks in April and the weather is perfect! Once we had one day where it was so windy you couldn't sit on the beach, but other than that perfect weather!

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what is the best month to be in PC ?

September, October and early November for the best prices and lower Occupancy Rate.

sterling...
Level Contributor
106 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what is the best month to be in PC ?

Bob, If that's when you go, how's the weather then, because to us weather vs cost is equally important. When we went last week it was low mid 80's but a bit windy and cloudy for a half day or so with sprinkles.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,021 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what is the best month to be in PC ?

We prefer May!

Perfect weather conditions, for us, hot - not humid and when it did rain, it did at night - with the exception of one of the days, where we did have a downpour, that lasted less than half day!

Back to Majestic Elegance again this May!!! :-D

Sheryl

Mentioned in this post
Majestic Elegance Punta Cana
Majestic Elegance Punta...
16,685 Reviews
Dominican Republic
pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: what is the best month to be in PC ?

Love November. Weather mid 80's. End of hurricane season. Prices and occupancy are lower. Some think it is too humid. I think the 2 Mikes are great resources. Since they are there year round. I think anytime there is better than the weather here in Pittsburgh.

Grumpy

Will be going back on Nov. 18th this year.

Edited: 9:59 pm, March 24, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
canada
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: what is the best month to be in PC ?

Hi there we are going June 18 what type of weather/temperatures can we expect?

Thanks

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: what is the best month to be in PC ?

wbauer,

so you went last week and you had HALF DAY windy with clouds and even some sprinkling??half day out of a week?? that was a perfect week weather wise, don't expect it ever to be any better.

if it would be sunny and dry all year around we would def be a boring desert without flowers and trees.

september, specially 2nd half of september and october are months with on average much higher winds than spring and early summer provide. during november our climate changes from calm summer to rougher winter, so in november it may still be calm for some days but there's also a high chance to get several days of a week rought and cloudcovered, the winds of change.

Mike

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
15,324 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: what is the best month to be in PC ?

Any month is best, see the link for average temps,

Average snow days and fog days....lol but it is there on the chart...

meoweather.com/history/…20Cana.html