We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Punta Cana Honeymoon

iowa city, Iowa
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Punta Cana Honeymoon

Hello All -

I am getting married this saturday the 27th and will be arriving at Secrets on the 29th. Anyone have any good advice or tips for me and my new hubby? We are open to all advice - excursions, restaurants, what building to request, what to bring, who to ask for, etc.? Also, if we bring a calling card from the United States, can it be used there? How?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,956 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Punta Cana Honeymoon

First of all congrats on you up comming wedding and your choice of honeymoon resorts. Here is some infor that may help. Please contact AND LET HER KNOW YOU ARE COMMING AND IT IS YOU HONEYMOON......

Yvette Soria - Schotting

Groups and convention Manager

Secrets Excellence Punta Cana

Member of Preferred hotels worldwide

Send he an email or get a calling card and phone her.

TELL HER I TOLD YOU TO TALK TO HER (SECRETSBRIDE)

Email: gyc@secretsexcellence.com.do

Tel: 1 809 685 9880 extension 6115

Fax: 1 809 688 1075

Honeymoon and Anniversary Package

Welcome letter

Plate of tropical fruits

1 bottle of champagne

Use of embroidered bathrobes and slippers

Flower petals in the Jacuzzi upon arrival

Romantic dinner in our Mexican restaurant (based on availability / once per stay)

Special turn down service

Champagne breakfast in bed (Reservations must be made in advance with guest services)

Secrets Eternity Honeymoon Package

This package is complimentary when purchasing 7 nights or more in the Junior Suite Ocean View Excellence Club category or higher.

Champagne on arrival

Fresh flowers and exotic fruit basket in room upon arrival

A breakfast in bed served the first morning after arrival

Massage for two in our Couples Massage Suite in our exotic SPA Garden

Choice of either a European Facial or a Salt Glow Scrub body treatment (25 minutes) for each person

Private, beachfront dinner one evening – upon return from dinner you will find a romantic rose petal bath ready for you with essential oils and candles

Petit fours each evening at turn down service

One complimentary Lovers Live CD by Sade

20% discount when returning before or during the first anniversary (minimum 4 nights stay)

$600 Per Couple

Note: Taxes and gratuity included. Restrictions/exclusions: Not available during Christmas and New Years. Subject to availability. Double Occupancy Only. This package can not be combined with the Secrets Wedding in Paradise Package.

Don't make phone calls from down there... you will get ripped off ,Make sure you open a hotmail account before you leave...What we did was open a hotmail account and give everyone we wanted to talk to at home a calling card for $10.00 and the e-mail address. We checked the mail daily and if we needed to talk to someone we told them to call us in the room with their calling card at a specific time.

This worked out very well and saved us tons of money that was better put to use on us.....(massages, spa stuff,pictures,flowers ect,ect).

We charged everything to the room and paid at the front desk. We felt that this was the best way to do it ,so you keep every charge in one place and it is easier to check them this way.... We had no problems at all and you can imagine the extra charges we had being our wedding and all.

The romantic pictures are very beautiful and the best photographer is Arturo (ask for him,great to work with) Not only did he do our wedding photos, April 05 he also did our engagement shots May/ 04 and it would be great for romantic honeymoon/anniversary shots as well, book early they fill up fast.

If you try and speak a little Spanish the staff really appreciate it, If you are nice to these people they will bend over backward for you.

Put a One dollar bill in your mini bar fridge each day and see what happens to the stock in there. Up Up UP it goes!!!

Some of our friends went on the horses and said it was amazing. They sell you a bottle of rum after the ride with your picture on it for $20. US.

We loved the excellence club honeymoonsuit.

Dont listen to what the other people are saying. First of all the rooms are diffrent, they are newer and more lavashly decorated,and in a quiter area of the resort.

There are slippers and housecoats (softer than in the other rooms) (we stayed last year in a reg ocean view suit)

You get to pick what time your maid comes to clean your room.

You have a pillow menu so you can pick from soft ,hard, orthopedic or feather pillows. The room service menu is larger.

There is a private club with lots of goodies to eat and a great breakfast as well. There is free internet access and they call your room everyday to see if there is anything they can get or do for you.

Also there is a DVD player in your room and an extensive selection of DVD's in the Excellence club louunge for you to choose from. Add to this private conceairage service, A fully stocked mini bar, private check in and out, and anything your heart desires. If that is not worth the extra charge I dont know what is......

We will be back next year for our 3rd time. We have stayed in a regular room and in the excellence club as well....

WE WILL BE BACK TO THE EXCELLENCE CLUB.

There is also excellence club garden view, (the rooms there are very beautiful mountain view and ponds with fountains) We have stayed in the regular and excellence club rooms and until you have stayed Excellence club you just can't compare.

It is worth the money,they really pamper you and the section of the resort is nicer in the Excellence club area.(the whole resort is beautiful) I just prefer the quiter newer area of the Excellence club.

The romantic dinner on the beach is $160.00 .although we did not do this ourselves..... our bestman and maid of honour did ........and they both said it was very romantic !!!!!

Serge and I did not do any excursions this year, (the wedding was a big enough excursion for us.)

The first week was all about anticipation of the wedding ,And the second week , really we needed to just relax (and eat, and drink,

and sleep, do some honeymoon stuff,and swim and eat and drink some more)

Some of our friends went on the horses and said it was amazing. They sell you a bottle of rum after the ride with your picture on it for $20. US. I also heard that the bavaro runners (4 wheelers) is an amazing trip and lots of fun. (bring strong bug spray just in case)

hope this info helps if you need any mor infor feel free to email me at teryanne@aci.on.ca

Best regards

Terry

iowa city, Iowa
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Punta Cana Honeymoon

secretsbride- thank you so much for the information. That will help us out tremendously! We have not done the upgrade to Club Level. The regular honeymoon package that you listed first - is there a charge for that? I know the second one you listed is $600US. I will e-mail Yvette and let her know told us to write to her. We paid for Junior Suite Ocean View. Is there any room number or building that you recomend?

3. Re: Punta Cana Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 pm, August 13, 2009