We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just returned from breezes.....

toronto
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
just returned from breezes.....

i had a great trip!

i found this site very helpful, so here's my 2 cents...

My daughter (16) and i went for 1 week and didn't do half the stuff there is to do there! They really go out of their way to make you stay enjoyable.

We went on 2 excursions;

bavaro runners - great time, it's a party mixed in with a little dominican culture. (expect to get beer spilled on you as it's a bumpy ride and they encourage drinking the whole day). We did stop near the secrets beach area to check out their beach and since they have a reef blocking some of the current it was calmer than our beach. nice!

marinarium - snorkling with nurse sharks and sting rays, again it's a party. I understand why some would say it's not the best place to snorkle or scuba dive but it's worth the experience. We stopped at a shallow spot near the bavaro barcello hotel beach area and it was very nice there! Anyone going to barcello and area will be pleased

i would recommend both trips - just expect the party atmosphere and have fun!

The weather wasn't the greatest (very windy!) but the beach is worth it! Depending on what kind of trip your going for i would recommend breezes over the other hotels and vise versa. If you like boogy boarding / body surfing it's the place for you!

We also did a little day trip with a friend who lives there, she showed us around a little, took us to the market in 'town', it's the same as the market down the street from grand paradise (next door to breezes), all the same stuff and not all that cheap but we found a few things and had fun bardering and then gave them more than we bargained on. We went to the beach some of the locals go to (mostly foreigners that work there). Nice beach. Went to her apartment and was very surprised to find out how much rent is there!

well, i could go on forever but if you have any questions...ask away!

My only advise going anywhere in punta cana is expect:

-the toilets not to be perfect everytime (may not flush or may be asked to put toilet paper in garbage to avoid plumbing problems- only came across this a couple of times - no biggie)

-the showers were more often than not inconsistent temperature wise.

-food may or may not be what you expect it to be

We had a great trip and my daughter is already planning the next trip back there, with friends this time though! :)

toronto
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: just returned from breezes.....

hi jlo 939 - you can pretty much count on a week of music and games the whole day. (except during siesta time of coarse!) They teach you how to do the same dances everyday by the pool but we never got sick of it.

no worries, just relax and enjoy! even if you think you might look a little silly doing these dance steps, it's fun and who cares, your on vacation! :)

krd 450 - hi there, sorry but we didn't even look into the braiding. I did notice that unless you walk down the beach a little ways (east), you didn't get hasled into getting the braiding done. (like everywhere else i've been) and even still they didn't really hasle you. The last day we were there, there was someone doing the braiding to the left (west) of the resort. (almost on the property). so it's convenient but hasle free ! ;)

As for gifts, not really sure but i brought and left for the maids some baseball caps and baseballs, candy, soaps, etc... just make sure you write a note so they can leave the property with it, i wrote mine in spanish for fun (hope it made sense!)

Snacks might be a good idea, by the end of the week the kids might crave something or even just to avoid spend the high price of crap they charge at the airport! Don't get me wrong though,.....lots of food at the resort all hours!

Specifically at the pool grill there is a nice lunch buffet (including fries at the buffet and burgers at the grill = just to the side of the tables - you'll see it) Ask for the burger double cooked -worth the wait!

enjoy your trip! wish we were going again....

toronto
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: just returned from breezes.....

oh 1 more thing - not sure if i mentioned this before but i noticed the mini fridge in the room wasn't working and noted that on the maintenance door tag the first day. i also left a nice tip for the maid the first day. She ended up getting that fixed for us somehow and made a point of showing us. The next day we realized that out tv did not work, we happened to see the same maid and she took care of that right a way!!!

I do advise to take a look and try everything out the first day. we later found that our hairdryer didn't work, and something else i can't remember now but i wish i wrote everything down the first day because the maintenance door tag was a one time deal it seemed as i never saw one again.

better to get everything dealt with the first day i think, and tipping the maid nicely helped for us.

Iowa
2 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: just returned from breezes.....

We just got back Saturday night and this was the first time we have been there. I thought it was great. The weather was fantastic, the food was ok, and the disco gets rocking after the "house band" quits and the DJ takes over. I would highly recomend the nightly shows they were really good, our favorite was the "Breezes Night Fever"! It seem like we kept getting pulled up on stage before the shows started to do dumb things that made the crowd laugh. 3 of the 8 people in our group got sick on the same night (5th night), it must have been something they ate or drank because they all got sick between 8:00pm-12:00pm. It sent them down for the next day, but after that they were good to go.

Iowa
2 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: just returned from breezes.....

We just got back Saturday night and this was the first time we have been there. I thought it was great. The weather was fantastic, the food was ok, and the disco gets rocking after the "house band" quits and the DJ takes over. I would highly recomend the nightly shows they were really good, our favorite was the "Breezes Night Fever"! It seem like we kept getting pulled up on stage before the shows started to do dumb things that made the crowd laugh. 3 of the 8 people in our group got sick on the same night (5th night), it must have been something they ate or drank because they all got sick between 8:00pm-12:00pm. It sent them down for the next day, but after that they were good to go.

Canada
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: just returned from breezes.....

Im travelling to Breezes March 17 I have a ton of questions but Ill start with the food(haha)

How was it?

Was it hard to get reservations?

All the all night snacks included in the "all inclusive"

Thanks for your help.

Crystian

victoria canada
Level Contributor
620 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: just returned from breezes.....

Crystian, No worries we found the food good, better than Mexico any day in my books, and I'm a fussy eater. The resevations are a breeze, just go up at 5:30 and stand in line (with drink in hand) and if you want to eat at 6 be ready if not just book a later time. They only fill the restraunts 1/2 full so the other reservations revolve about every 1/2 hour or so. Feed right up to nine if I remember correctly. The snack bar, open 24hrs, has things like pizza and chicken wings, it's left of the check in desk past the (other) bar and over towards the beach somewhat. I hope you have as good of time as we did!

Cheers Skipper

Canada
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: just returned from breezes.....

Thanks for all your help Skipper

I cant wait to go!

Ontario
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: just returned from breezes.....

I have seen many times that they ask for id for the younger people. I went when I 18 and they made sure by asking my parents. Even if you do get an underage bracelet, it's not difficult to get drinks.