We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Blue/Sand Beach and Golf Resort

nj
4 posts
Save Topic
Ocean Blue/Sand Beach and Golf Resort

A question for those of you that have already been- On the website next to several of the resturants it says that reservations are required- is this actaully the case and if so how do you go about making the reservations.?

Ontario
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Blue/Sand Beach and Golf Resort

When we were at the Ocean Blue 1/23 -1/30 reservations were only needed half the time because of the low occupancy of the resort. The other times there was a desk set up at the entrance of the buffet restaurant. You made your reservations for dinner when you showed up for breakfast. The plan is to eventually have everyone make their reservations at the concierge desks (There is one located in each villa.)

nj
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Blue/Sand Beach and Golf Resort

thanks!

Columbus
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Blue/Sand Beach and Golf Resort

was this place boring because there were so little people there?

Neshanic Station NJ
Level Contributor
130 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean Blue/Sand Beach and Golf Resort

Reservations are not needed as of Feb 18th. I just got back, but they were expecting 120 rooms to be occupied today. We were not bored, as a matter of fact, we were ecstatic that we did not have to fight for beach chairs or pool chairs. We never had to wait for anything and yet we made friends with people there. Remember, everyone has an expectation of what they want. I wanted a relaxing and elegant experience, I got it. Even if I wanted to party, I would stay at OB and go to a resort which is 5 minutes away to party. The pampering and luxury you get from the staff and surroundings is worth it. The disco wil probably be operational in about 2 months, but if you don't have enough partying people. it's a moot point. We ate lunch with two of the employees who are part of the dance team, and they will probably spearhead the disco once it get up and going and once thing is for sure, Dominicans can dance.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean Blue/Sand Beach and Golf Resort

Phillygirl

When they say the Theatre is not open yet does that mean that the restort does not host the nightly entertainment/shows? The posts mainly talk about the disco entertainment. We stayed in Mexico last year and only made it to 2 shows because we were tired after supper so it's not a big deal but I was just wondering.