We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stupid lineup for photos going into Punta Cana

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
362 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Stupid lineup for photos going into Punta Cana

Is there a way to bypass the "souvenir" line for photos as you deplane into Punta Cana? I just want to get to my resort, not be held hostage in a line to take photos with women in native garb that I'm not interested in buying. I know it's a small gripe, but if I have to stand in that line one more time I'm going to scream.

Elmvale, Canada
Level Contributor
170 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stupid lineup for photos going into Punta Cana

They no longer do it on your arrival, they now do it on your departure from Punta Cana.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,899 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stupid lineup for photos going into Punta Cana

You can just walk round them

Worcester...
Level Contributor
879 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stupid lineup for photos going into Punta Cana

I'm going to take flipflops advice and try to see if I can go around them on our departure as well

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
12,976 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stupid lineup for photos going into Punta Cana

I have never had a problem getting by them...just walk around. I was at the airport departures area yesterday...saw others doing as I have done before...no problems.

Cheers

PuntaCana Mike

St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
3,512 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stupid lineup for photos going into Punta Cana

Never had a problem saying no and walking on by.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stupid lineup for photos going into Punta Cana

Yeah we saw them on departure...Just say no thanks and walk right by, they don't give you a hard time.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,840 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stupid lineup for photos going into Punta Cana

when I left in January my experience was very different, tried to walk around and the "lady" yelled at me, said no no no while blocking me (kept stepping in front of me like a linebacker) no matter which way I tried to go and "touching" my arm to stay in their line. Never had it that bad before and hope it doesn't continue, there should be TWO lines, one for photos and one for not.

Chicago Burb
Level Contributor
1,014 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stupid lineup for photos going into Punta Cana

We had the same experience as Debinatore. Line was backed up and the ladies would not let anyone bypass the photo op. When it was our turn we said no thank and kept walking. They just went on to the next people. Wasn't a problem saying no, we just couldn't bypass them.

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stupid lineup for photos going into Punta Cana

only takes a few sec to take the photo, we always do it, that said only one time in have bought the photo

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
2,416 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Stupid lineup for photos going into Punta Cana

No one can force you to take a photo.

If they try to block you, simply walk around them. If they get aggressive, get aggressive with your response back.

If you don't like confrontation, stay in line for photo.