We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets or Now???

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
322 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Secrets or Now???

We have stayed at Secrets SSS, NOW Jade and NOW Sapphire in PM. We are going to Punta Cana the first week of May and I am torn between Secrets and NOW Larimar. Reading the review, both have great reviews and we loved all three resorts we had stayed at before. Children are not an issue for us, as I know Secrets is adults only and most kids are still in school at this time. Also are the Gilchrist & Sonoma amentiies supplied at these resorts?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,636 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets or Now???

Hi

To me SRB wins by a mile as far as food, service & drinks goes

We were at SRB last Autumn and posted reviews for both resorts which you may want to check out - each has a link to a large photo album which should give you a good feel for both

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
214 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets or Now???

Agree with FlipFlop. We stayed at Secrets for a week Feb. 22nd and found it to be excellent. We did walk over to Now for their a la carte restaurants and the Jeerk show but found it much more crowded and smoky. However we did not check out their preferred club pool or area.

As for those amenities you mentioned, I don't think so.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,805 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets or Now???

Yes. they have the Gilchrist and Sonoma ammenities.

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,833 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets or Now???

If you stay at Secrets you will have use of the NOW but not the other way around.

indiana
Level Contributor
197 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Secrets or Now???

Yes, G & S products. Our feelings are very clear in that we would return to SRB but not the NOW resort. Some resorts really are just a better fit for others. Agree with FFM's points of looking at plenty of pics and quality detailed reviews to sense the difference between them - the difference was massive! SRB is much more relaxing and spa like, better service and food and if one wishes to go to NOW side they can.

6. Re: Secrets or Now???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 11, 2014