We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bugs in PC?

sterling...
Level Contributor
106 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
bugs in PC?

I have read several posts that mention bug spray. I went to Mexico a few times, but never been to DR. I never so much as saw a fly in Mexico, but can't imagine why there is a bug problem in PC. Both places are tropical. Is it mainly mosquito's we will have to deal with? Any risk of getting sick if we get bit?

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
2,636 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bugs in PC?

Been 10x without bug spray...but everyone reacts differently. It's mostly for the mozzies.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,902 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bugs in PC?

Depends too on when and what the weather has been like prior to that time. Mozzies. And Malaria is talked about, some take it seriously and some do not. You have to decide if you will take the meds or not. There is a higher risk in the country areas than the resort areas.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
61,687 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bugs in PC?

We always take insect repellent but sometimes give up using it

Yes you will see some bugs about as it is a tropical destination and is in general the resorts tend t have a more tropical feel than many in Mexico

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
214 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bugs in PC?

I took bug spray with me but never used it. The mosquitoes usually love me. Funny, the only bite I got was while waiting in the airport to go home. We were warned not to walk the beach at night because the bugs can be bad.

Toronto
Level Contributor
525 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bugs in PC?

Just got back from GBP Bavaro and never saw a mosquito ( and they love me). I did however get several sand flea bites. I used a bug spray but it didn't seem to help. In our group of 6, 3 of us got bites and 3 didn't. I noticed them at night after sitting outside at the bar. They didn't bother me for a couple of days, then the itching started - I tried everything and the one thing that worked - vinegar.

Mentioned in this post
Bavaro
Bavaro
Dominican Republic
Ontario
Level Contributor
106 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bugs in PC?

I'm one of the ones that the mosquitos love to bite.. some people have issues others sitting right beside them don't. I have to use bub spray or I'll get eaten alive. Forgot to apply it one evening and my arms and legs were totally bit and I spent days scratching. I think you're either prone to it or you're not.

Edited: 9:18 am, March 09, 2013
7. Re: bugs in PC?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 11, 2014