We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Blue Resort - do they sell suntan lotion onsite?

Michigan, USA
1 post
Save Topic
Ocean Blue Resort - do they sell suntan lotion onsite?

We have connecting flights to PUJ so we are doing only carry-on luggage. Only issue I see is taking enough suntan lotion and oil. My skin is very sensitive and I break out to most all brands except Australian Gold. Does anyone know if Ocean Blue has a store "on-site" that we can purchase Australian Gold products?

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,405 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Ocean Blue Resort - do they sell suntan lotion onsite?

Don't forget you can decant your bigger bottles into smaller 3 oz bottles so long as the bottles are labeled with the volume size.>>>>

You do NOT get unlimited 3 oz bottles in your 3-1-1.

3-1-1 for carry-ons =

3.4 ounce (100ml) bottle or less (by volume) which is probaly not enough for one full day in the sun;

1 quart-sized, clear plastic, zip-top bag;

1 bag per passenger placed in screening bin.

Yes, that's ONE bag per passenger, so how many 3oz containers can you fit in ONE quart size zip lock?

Each person will want probably 2-3 full size bottles per week at least.

Michigan
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Ocean Blue Resort - do they sell suntan lotion onsite?

Thanks for all the great info. This is our first time NOT checking bags and we normally go through a lot of suntan lotion and oil....all strengths. We are sun worshipers!! We used to use all kinds of lotions, but a few years ago both my daughter and I started getting severe skin rashes to most lotions...probably the purfumes?...any ways someone told me to use Australian Gold and thank goodness....NO more rashes!! We are all going to fill up a couple 3oz bottles of lotion for our quart ziplock bag, but it certainly won't be enough and unfortunatley I do realize they way over price at the resorts....but my primary concern was getting the Austrailain Gold brand so I'm assured of no rash. What I can't believe is....you will be able to bring pocket knives and golf clubs on airplanes, but why not....SUNTAN LOTION?!?! Crazy huh? Again....thanks to everyone for you input and help!!

Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
188 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Ocean Blue Resort - do they sell suntan lotion onsite?

Why not check the bags and bring All the sunscreen you desire?

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Ocean Blue Resort - do they sell suntan lotion onsite?

LaTA3- sorry if I was misunderstood or I wasn't clear with my meaning, I am quite aware of the 3-1-1 rule. I just meant you can fit several 3 oz bottles in a quart sized baggie. My husband and I recently visited Hawaii doing carry on only and were able to fit 4 3 oz bottles of nuetrogena sunscreen into each of our baggies along with our shampoo/conditioner, body wash and my makeup (for a total of 8 bottles of lotion for a weeks stay). It can be done :)

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,405 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Ocean Blue Resort - do they sell suntan lotion onsite?

4 little 3 oz bottles per person would never last us for a week, but yes, it would mean buying LESS once you are there. :-)

Folks, remember that knives rule is not yet in effect, and is being challenged so may never go into effect.

16. Re: Ocean Blue Resort - do they sell suntan lotion onsite?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 10, 2014