We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation in Punta Cana

Windsor, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
Transportation in Punta Cana

My girlfriend and I are going to Punta Cana we're staying at the Tropical Princess Resort & Spa I was just wondering how much a taxi would be, or a shuttle to take us to the resort from the airport what are their rates.

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation in Punta Cana

Hi,

Who are you flying with? Most tour providers in Canada offer free transportation from Airport to Resort and back to airport.

Unless you booked on Expedia?

Below is the current taxi rate link

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147293-c80052/Punta-…

Thanks

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation in Punta Cana

About $35, one way.

Happy travels.

michigan
Level Contributor
28 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation in Punta Cana

fan ~ there is a link on your right that gives the current taxi rates for one way. We're staying at the Melia Caribe Tropical, and it looks like a taxi will be about $30 each way...from what I've read, the taxi's all have the same price and they can show it to you before you get in.

Windsor, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation in Punta Cana

If they show the taxi rates before you get in the taxi do I pay up front with tip or after, like normal

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation in Punta Cana

get the price confirmed first and pay when the ride is finished

Mike

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation in Punta Cana

just wanted to add, as shown on their Price Bord, rates are always shown for up to 4 passengers per ride, additional persons add a extra charge per extra person on top of the basic cabby fare

Mike

atlanta
Level Contributor
3 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation in Punta Cana

Taxi Turistico Beron 809-455-1222. Family owned business in Punta Cana. Friendly staff. Always on time or early. I recommend everyone use this company. www.taxituristicoberon.com.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation in Punta Cana

no need to prebook such cabby, Crewrest.

taxiberon and taxi siutratural are the 2 companies licensed at the airport, they work there (as also at the resorts in PC) as one association together and take turns. next customer siutratural, 2nd next taxiberon, next siutratural etc etc, hence they use just one cabby booth together there at the airport.

to grab a taxi upon arrival in PC just walk to their cabby stand , you cant miss it when walking towards the exit of the airport, tell the present supervisor(he is the supervisor for both companies working together there) where you wanna go to, agree on the rate(shown on a big bord) and he presents you to your driver(the next one on turn).

easy and hassle free

Mike

9. Re: Transportation in Punta Cana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, February 19, 2015