We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Palace Bavaro Punta Cana amenities

Mechanicville, New...
Level Contributor
42 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Palace Bavaro Punta Cana amenities

We will be staying at the Riu Palace Bavaro in Punta Cana this May. Can you take advantage of the other RIU's in the area as in restaurants and pools etc?

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
53 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Palace Bavaro Punta Cana amenities

I believe you can because the Palace bavaro is the top of the line within the RIU complex... still need reservations for the restaurants though.

Pemboke, ON
Level Contributor
113 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Palace Bavaro Punta Cana amenities

You can visit, drink, have lunch at the buffet but and swim in the pools but we were asked that we not eat at any of the other buffets for dinner and you would not be able to make a la carte reservations at any of the other properties.

New York
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Palace Bavaro Punta Cana amenities

Heading there Tuesday!! Can't wait!!

Mechanicville, New...
Level Contributor
42 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Palace Bavaro Punta Cana amenities

AaronHayden.. That is disappointing.. We were told that because we were staying in the Palace Bavaro, we would be able to eat in any of the other RIU's.

Mechanicville, New...
Level Contributor
42 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Palace Bavaro Punta Cana amenities

LadyDi59.... Have a wonderful time and please post how everything was!

New York
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu Palace Bavaro Punta Cana amenities

Thanks MicheleM219.....so looking forward to it! I will post when I get back.

Pembroke
Level Contributor
116 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Riu Palace Bavaro Punta Cana amenities

The resort rocks, it's absolutely amazing, my review has lots of good info. We are booking agai. For march 16th!! But yeah, no dinners at the other resorts, but to be quite honest the food at the bavaro is excellent anyway!

new jersey
Level Contributor
27 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Riu Palace Bavaro Punta Cana amenities

Do they serve lobster and does it cost extra? How is there wine, do you know if they serve pink (rose) wine?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
171 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Riu Palace Bavaro Punta Cana amenities

If you're at Bavaro, you're allowed to eat at any of the other Rius, except dinner. You can use any of the pools and any of the bars at any time. I thought the food at the Bavaro was quite good and had no desire to try eating anywhere else. The one time was the buffet in the building on the beach down by Caribbean Street, but it was terrible and I wondered if it was indicative of the quality of the buffets outside of Bavaro. In contrast, the pool buffet at Bavaro is awesome for lunch and all-day grazing. From what I understand, the speciality restaurants at the Riu Palace Punta Cana are almost identical to the ones at Bavaro. I can't compare the buffets but again, the buffet at Bavaro was good, and the one I tried down the beach was really bad.

It was fun to walk the path in front of the Rius, jump into each pool, and grab a drink at each swim-up bar. Have fun!

Lobster: they had it on the buffet one or two nights that week and didn't cost extra. But it's not available every single night. Wine was pretty middling to poor, but honestly I've never met a glass of wine I didn't like, lol, so I dealt with it pretty well. Not sure about the rose.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
171 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Riu Palace Bavaro Punta Cana amenities

In other words, what I'm trying to say is don't be disappointed about not being able to have dinner at the other Rius. It really won't matter. You're not missing out on quality or diversity.