We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourist card

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
GUELPH
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tourist card

Anybody know if we have to get it at the airport or is their a way to get one online before arrival.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,916 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tourist card

Flying from Canada, it's included with every carrier except Sunwing. If you don't have it, you can get it online at: https://www.dgii.gov.do/Tturistaweb/

Sometimes it's a short line, and sometimes it's a long line to get it at the airport.

Mark

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
225 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tourist card

I booked with Expedia and I dont think its included, ( mind u, I booked flight & hotel only, no package) I asked them for a breakdown in taxes and this is what they sent me The breakdown per ticket is as follows:

Flying out of Pearson in Toronto

Base Fare: C$ 268.00 - if only we didnt hafta pay taxes!!!

Taxes:

$25.91CA ATSC-Canadian Air Travelers Security Charge (CA)

$3.25RC HST-Harmonized Sales Tax (RC)

$25.00SQ AIF-Canadian Airport Improvement Fee (SQ)

$240.00YQ Fuel surcharge (YQ) - holy crap!!!

$12.00YR i dont know what this is as there was no legend

$30.76UX Dominican Republic: Airport Authority Fee (UX)

$33.42VB Dominican Republic: Airport Infrastructure Fee (VB)

$20.51AA dont know bout this one either unless this is it...not sure

Total Taxes: C$ 390.85

Total Airfare: C$ 658.85

im waiting for an email back hopefully explaining those 2 charges

Edited: 10:13 pm, February 28, 2013
3. Re: Tourist card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10:17 pm, February 28, 2013
Edited: 10:17 pm, February 28, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
225 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tourist card

Bump

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Tourist card

Sugarbabez,

What airline?

We booked through expedia once and flew air transat. They still gave us an entry card on the plane.

It is the airline that pays it and the only one in Canada that does not is Sunwing.

So if your not flying sunwing then your safe.

The only thing you don't get when booking through Expedia is the transfer to and from resort. You have to pay extra for that.

Edited: 11:00 am, March 01, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
225 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tourist card

Yes I'm flying air transat so then it would be included. I didn't see it in the taxes but then again what do I know lol. So I should wait and see if they give it to me on the plane and if not I can pay for it at the airport, either way not a big deal. And yeah I booked my transfer through Expedia with blue partners, but then read some horrible reviews so I'm gonna cancel plus I paid $15 each person each way, which is $45 for 3 of us and I read a cab is only $35-$40 lol ill take a cab instead lol

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Tourist card

Yes Air Transat will give you the card on the plane.

Below link is the updated taxi rates to each hotel and the price is for 4 people.

On a side note if you do take a cab. While leaving the airport ask the cab to stop at the closet shop to buy some nice cold beers. You will pay local price instead of airport price and you can enjoy a few while driving to your resort.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147293-i28-k61448…

Edited: 11:28 am, March 01, 2013
8. Re: Tourist card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 03, 2014