We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunwing and other questions

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
114 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Sunwing and other questions

Heading to the Ambar on Saturday. Is it worth upgrading to Elite Seating on Sunwing for $40 each way?

Also, is it safe to use credit cards anywhere in Punta Cana? Or, is it strictly cash only?

Thanks!

Canada
Level Contributor
97 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunwing and other questions

Yes, it will not give you more leg room but the seat size is the same You also get separate check in both in Toronto and in Punta Cana. The line to come home had an hour wait and we walk right up to the counter. That alone made it worth while. You will also get first choice of foods and you also get to more weight on luggage.

Have fun.

Gatineau, Quebec
Level Contributor
268 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunwing and other questions

We always upgrade to Elite when flying Sunwing (mostly for the extra 10kg of luggage weight).

Gander, Canada
Level Contributor
238 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunwing and other questions

Elite is a definite advantage, when you get to bypass the long lineup at the airport!! Wouldn't travel without it!!

Not sure about credit card use in Punta Cana, but we used ours to book tours in Jamaica, without any problems! Both tours were through Sunwing though.

Edmundston, Canada
Level Contributor
2,593 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunwing and other questions

Elite Plus for more leg room and extra luggage weight is really worth the price.

Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
209 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunwing and other questions

We booked Elite Plus, we're both pretty tall so the extra leg room in nice, plus I'm a bit figgity and what I've heard is row 15 can't recline their seats so we booked 16 A&B, we get the extra space and no seat coming back into our laps.... Plus the extra luggage weight is a bonus :)

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
644 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunwing and other questions

Absolutely! Would never fly with them unless it was with Elite! And yes it is true that row 15 cannot recline!

Edited: 9:47 am, February 27, 2013
Elmvale, Canada
Level Contributor
171 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunwing and other questions

I have used credit cards while Punta Cana but only in two places. The first was at golf courses to pay carts or green fees and the other was for dinner at off resort restaurants like Faith in Cap Cana and El Tablado which is by the airport.

No issues but always made my credit card company aware that I was travelling.

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
114 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunwing and other questions

Thanks for the replies.. Leaving on Saturday! (from Cincinnati, not Toronto)

9. Re: Sunwing and other questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 01, 2014