We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Restaurents when at Bahia Principe ESMERELDA ????

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nj
Level Contributor
821 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Best Restaurents when at Bahia Principe ESMERELDA ????

For those that have recently been to the Esmerelda, or have gone several times, which of the a la cartes would you suggest and which should we avoid?? I know we can make reservations at all of them in the entire complex, which is great! So want to choice wisely for our group!

Also, can you give some info as to what type of food they each serve?? (meat or seafood or both??)

Thanks!

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
12,901 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Restaurents when at Bahia Principe ESMERELDA ????

Steve_of_NJ

Contrary to what a lot of people think, you cannot make reservations at every a la carte at all of the other 4 resorts.

Here are the most popular ones that are avaiable to you (and most are my favourites as well)

Please keep in mind, that the a la cartes at the adult only Ambar resort that you may dine at do not permit children under 18 years of age.

The Bella Italia - Italian - located at the Esmeralda

The Takara - Asian - located at the Esmeralda (have not personally dined there as it just opened in December but is getting very good reviews)

The Don Pablo - gourmet - located at the Ambar

The El Olivio - Mediterranean - located at the Ambar

The Portofino - Italian - located at the Ambar

The Garden Grill - steakhouse - located at the Punta Cana resort

The Mikado - Japanese - located at the Punta Cana resort

The Sante Fe - Tex Mex - located at the Bavaro resort

The following link will also assist you:

bahia-principe.com/BP/…

When the page opens, scroll down to the Bahia resorts in the Punta Cana - then - start with the first one, the Esmeralda - then click on the "Restaurants and Bars" tab - the entrees are shown there - then go back and do the same for the other Bahia resorts in Punta Cana.

Do not overlook your two main buffets at the Esmeralda - they are very good and offer a different theme each night - for example:

Monday ........ Española

Tuesday ....... Italian

Wednesday .....Oriental

Thursday ... Gala (seafood) - very popular

Friday ......... Dominicana

Saturday ............... Mexican

Sunday .......... American (Like BBQ - different meats)

Here is the Bahia resort dress code policy for all of the a la cartes - this covers all of the 5 resorts in the complex - with the exception of the "gourmet" a la carte called the "Don Pablo" for the guests of the Ambar and Esmeralda resorts and the "La Gourmet", which is for guests of the other 3 resorts. (Note - Esmeralda guests may not have children under 18 years of age in attendance when dining at the Don Pablo)

No bathing-suits or sleeveless shirts or open toed shoes - dress shoes or a nice sandal is acceptable. Dress shorts, long pants, long or short sleeve shirts for men are fine - ladies are good with shorts, capris, dresses, pants.

Here is the dress code for the gourmet a la carte's - For men, long pants or trousers are acceptable - shorts or sleeveless shirts are not acceptable - long or short sleeve shirts are acceptable- no open toed shoes are permitted - dress shoes or a nice sandal is fine. For the ladies, any shoe is acceptable, but not swimming sandals - flip flops as they refer to them.

For the buffet, open toed footwear, including flip flops, dress shorts, pants are permitted for all meals including breakfast, lunch and dinner - bathing suits or sleeveless shirts are not permitted.

You will find that many men will wear a pair of kahki long pants to dinner and the ladies very often are dressed in capris or a dress. "

Hope this does help you.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Canada
Level Contributor
853 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Restaurents when at Bahia Principe ESMERELDA ????

Hi John,

Just to clarify so I don't provide incorrect information, what do you mean that you "cannot make reservations at every a la carte at all of the other 4 resorts"?

Thanks!

Long Island
Level Contributor
611 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Restaurents when at Bahia Principe ESMERELDA ????

Our favorite was the new Takara restaurant at the Esmeralda. I would avoid at all costs the BBQ-Las Olas....it was terrible. The Mexican was also pretty bad. Others enjoyed Don Pablo, but if you have children you cannot go there.

Enjoy

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Restaurents when at Bahia Principe ESMERELDA ????

Hi John,

Ok, I'm confused too. I thought we were able to request our a,la carte's 7-10 days prior to all of the restaurants. The only restaurants we couldn't use were the other resorts buffets. Please explain if you get a second. I am preparing to send my requests in late this week.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Restaurents when at Bahia Principe ESMERELDA ????

ok i see now. Based on the link you provided for all the different resorts and their restaurants. The Bavarro and the Punta Cana resorts each have a couple different restaurants that other resort guests can not dine at. I guess the reason why i was confused is because after looking at the names of the other restaurants i never even knew they existed. Probably because no one has mentioned them bc we don't have access to them! haha!

Nj
Level Contributor
821 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Restaurents when at Bahia Principe ESMERELDA ????

Thanks for all the information!! Brooklin, I see you have the Bella Italia as one of the top choices but I seen others say it was not good at all. Do you know of any reason why they would have said that?? How did you find their food??

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
12,901 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Restaurents when at Bahia Principe ESMERELDA ????

Steve

Of the up to 15 of those in our travel bunch, it has always been one of our top choices.

From the steaks to the Italian dishes (and of course the desserts-lol) they have all been very good.

The service and the ambience has been excellent and consistent.

But, food is always subjective to individual tastes.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Nj
Level Contributor
821 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Restaurents when at Bahia Principe ESMERELDA ????

thanks John...know you've been around this forum for some time now and I value your input!!

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
12,901 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Restaurents when at Bahia Principe ESMERELDA ????

ryguy2008,

Apologize for the delay in not replying to your post above - I simply had overlooked your question.

I sent you a pm.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
239 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Restaurents when at Bahia Principe ESMERELDA ????

Bella Italia....has a nice atmosphere.

for me personally it was my least favorite.

Its half buffet, half a la carte. i just found the quality lacking, not horrible by any means.

i'm returning to the Ambar for my second visit this april. i'll pass on this restaurant this time.