We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Building numbers at Barcelo Bavaro Beach

Southgate
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Topic
Building numbers at Barcelo Bavaro Beach

Hi all,

My husband and I will be leaving shortly for BBB and have booked an ocean front Club Premium room. We are preparing our email for "room requests" but are confused about how the buildings are numbered. I have not been able to find a map that gives building numbers and many posters mention which rooms they prefer, giving them a room number/building number. Can anyone help us with this? We would greatly appreciate it!

halifax
Level Contributor
463 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Building numbers at Barcelo Bavaro Beach

I see people have said they stayed in the 6000 block, but according to the map (yellow) this is the Palace side. Can someone clarify this for me ? I thought the Beach adults side only had 4 buildings, #63 #64 #65 and #66 according to the map (blue). Or is it when they are overbooked they place people in the Palace buildings #61 and #62 ? Confused !

halifax
Level Contributor
463 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Building numbers at Barcelo Bavaro Beach

anyone ?

Southgate
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Building numbers at Barcelo Bavaro Beach

Sounds great doggman. We are University of Michigan fans so our mugs will be maize and blue. We will look for ya!

Southgate
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Building numbers at Barcelo Bavaro Beach

fibertcat,

My take on your question about bldgs # 61, 62 is that the poster possibly made a mistake and those bldgs are part of the palace, not the adults only side. That's what I assume.....although you know what assume means! Enjoy your trip.

halifax
Level Contributor
463 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Building numbers at Barcelo Bavaro Beach

GoBlue, thanks for your input, but it does confuse me because alot of reviews mention that they were in building 5 or 6 (5000 or 6000 block) which are on the Palace side according to the map. Maybe they are reviewing on the wrong hotel. O well, as long as I get a room on the adult side, no worries !!

I hope you enjoy your trip as well !!

Toronto
Level Contributor
935 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Building numbers at Barcelo Bavaro Beach

The map may be outdated... From reviews I've read the buildings in question are currently part of the adult section (they were previously part of the Palace side)... I think :)

Edited: 10:25 am, February 23, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jibacoa
Level Contributor
2,897 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Building numbers at Barcelo Bavaro Beach

I was there last year and the adult side of BBB was 4 buildings. The theatre is across from the side of building one in between the bar and an a la carte restaurant. We leave Friday March 1st and I have requested a room in building 2 ...we have ocean view. I have decided not to upgrade to the premium but would be interested in hearing from anyone who has and if it is worth the extra. Also not sure what the extra cost is

Rockaway, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Building numbers at Barcelo Bavaro Beach

We just came back from staying at the BBB. We stayed in the 2000 building, third floor, Room 2086. It was the best view I've ever had.from a hotel room. 2nd or 3rd floor is the best with the oceanfront rooms. The first floor view is slightly obstructed by sea wall and more noisy. This building is about 20 feet from the beach, and maybe 30 seconds from the pool.

Las Brisas is about a 2 minute walk down the beach. I hated their food. Since you have club premium I would recommend a la carte breakfast and or lunch at the golf club, or eat in the Club Premium. The Club Premium at the Palace has a larger selection. You can also eat at Le Comedie or Chez Gourmet for no additional charge with Club Premium. We e-mailed the Club Premium staff a week before we arrived with our dinner reservations and received each as requested. Joanna at the Club was terrific with all of our requests, including room selection.

19. Re: Building numbers at Barcelo Bavaro Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 01, 2014