We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

At RIU Palace Macau now

Minnesota
Level Contributor
564 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
At RIU Palace Macau now

Arrived yesterday afternoon. Beautiful here. Buffet last night and breakfast this morning were amazing!!!! My husband loved the variety of fruit/vegetable smoothie section this morning. Rooms are very nice and quiet. Staff are all very friendly and accommodating!! We are seeing lots of."very" sunburned people though that are going to be miserable and sick later. Sunscreen, and more sunscreen!!!!!! Don't ruin your vacation!!!

Bloomington...
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
51. Re: At RIU Palace Macau now

All of them and more plus the maids will leave you more just for the asking. See you on saturday. I arrive @ 2:30 in PC and plan on being at pool bar by 4:30

Smash (Tim)

New Jersey
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
52. Re: At RIU Palace Macau now

perfect. thanks Tim. have a great flight. i can't wait to get out of this cold weather! see you saturday!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
564 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
53. Re: At RIU Palace Macau now

There is a shower gel dispenser in the shower, and they leave conditioner and lotion and bar soap on the bathroom counter.

Note - we rented a taxi for the trip to the airport, instead of doing the bus transfer from our package. We upgraded to first class on our Sun Country flight (first time ever). The airport at Punta Cana was insane on Sunday afternoon. It took us one hour from the time we arrived, until we got to the gate area. And We actually got to bump way ahead of lines of people because they said "when you get across the line tell them you are priority"! Well the first line was where they took your photo with two gals in costume, hand you a ticket number and then try to sell it to you inside further. And you cannot go around this line, because it is the Terminal Line entry.

There is also a paper you need to fill out before going through Immigration to leave their airport. As soon as you do security check of your carry on and yourself, get one of those papers and fill out ..they are on tear off pads along the line.

So make sure to leave early enough from your hotel. It was mass chaos in the airport anyway, I was glad we had gotten there early.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
564 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
54. Re: At RIU Palace Macau now

And get to know the "guy with the bar cart" as we called him. He fills the mini frig in the rooms. He will hand you bottles of rum, champagne, water, pop, whatever. And if it's not on his cart, he can find other things too.

Another thing I just thought of that these resorts do is sprinkle the lawn with "waste water".... It can really smell like sewer at times. I don't know if they all do it, but you will see the same "sprinkler heads" in other places too.

Bloomington...
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
55. Re: At RIU Palace Macau now

Hey Brenda

Just wondering about dress code at restaurants. Long pants required? Are jeans ok? Hope your flight was ok thanks again for all your help. 4 days till I go.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
56. Re: At RIU Palace Macau now

Was there 17-24 as well. Jeans are fine at the buffet but baseball caps are strictly frowned upon and must be removed. Have fun.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
564 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
57. Re: At RIU Palace Macau now

At the buffet, men have to have sleeves in the evening. Hubby had on a nice sleeveless sport shirt and had to go to the room and get a sleeve shirt. But shorts are allowed at the buffet.

Jeans or long pants and a t shirt with sleeves will get you into Japanese, Italian, Steakhouse, and Krystal.

And our flight was good. We upgraded to First Class for the first time ever. Made getting through the airport lines a breeze.

Brantford, Ontario
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
58. Re: At RIU Palace Macau now

When you say sleeves for men in the evening, do you mean long sleeves?

Minnesota
Level Contributor
564 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
59. Re: At RIU Palace Macau now

No, just short sleeve.

Seminole, Florida
Level Contributor
616 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
60. Re: At RIU Palace Macau now

There is a good reason for the sleeve requirement for men--hair. I've been repulsed by men covered with back/chest/underarm/everywhere-else hair in abundance reaching over buffets to get their food. Yuck & double yuck. I'm thrilled that they enforce this, since they did not at the RIU Montego Bay when we were there. However, they had just opened, so they may not have had their act together.