We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Punta Cana Baverlo Beach Hotel Deluxe

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Belmar NJ
3 posts
Save Topic
Punta Cana Baverlo Beach Hotel Deluxe

Hello,

My husband and I are interested in staying at the resort the end of April beginning of May. The hotel is offering a resort credit of 2500. How can guests use this credit? For example is there a duty free shop were resort dollars can be applied?

Also, my husband drinks Jameson; does this resort offer a variety of whiskies and scotches? Thanks so much!

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
7,902 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Punta Cana Baverlo Beach Hotel Deluxe

I don't know the details of the $2500 credit, but I can almost guarantee it doesn't mean you have a $2500 shopping spree ahead of you at the duty free.....

typically, these "credits" can be used towards spa services and add-ons like that, but I think typically, you have to spend some out of pocket, to take advantage....

I'm sure you'll hear from others. But, $2500 is an awful lot of "free money" considering what you paid for the hotel stay (just an educated guess).

Gatineau, Quebec
Level Contributor
265 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Punta Cana Baverlo Beach Hotel Deluxe

When you do your check-in, they give you a booklet of coupons. These coupons can be used at different places throughout the resort (spa, golf, restaurants, wine, etc.). We used the coupons for Golf - if we pre-paid 4 rounds of golf we had a discount. You do have to pay to get to use the coupons - they are certainly not giving you $2500 to spend.

Belmar NJ
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Punta Cana Baverlo Beach Hotel Deluxe

Thanks! I went on their website and found resort credits. Gives you a 400.00 room upgrade , an 80.00 credit to the French Resturant and a 100.00 to the gift shop and other discounts. Can anyone tell me is it worth upgrading to the premium club status? Again, thank you so much!

Belmar NJ
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Punta Cana Baverlo Beach Hotel Deluxe

Hello,

Traveling at the end of April to this hotel. Chose the Deluxe hotel because I read it has the nicer pool. I reserved a jr suite deluxe with king bed. Can someone tell me which building I want to request that will put us closest to the beach and pool please?

Also, do I need to bring an appliance adaptor for laptop and blow dryer? Thanks so much!

Toronto
Level Contributor
929 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Punta Cana Baverlo Beach Hotel Deluxe

There are a few threads that speak to the "coupon book" and the "premium club upgrade"... In summary:

1. The "$2500 credits" are really coupons. You generally must spend $ to use them. Ex. $80 French resto coupon; it's $50/person to eat there. Golf; pre-pay so many rounds and then get the discount. Depending on when you go, there'll likely be no upgrades available at check in, etc.

2. The "club upgrade": some like it, some think it's a complete waste. For the approx. $400-$600 extra, you essentially get: An ocean front room, dedicated guest service desk to make dinners resos, can eat at the 2 pay restos for free, room service and free wifi.

To me the hundreds of dollars extra aren't worth it (unless money is not a concern)... pay an extra $150 for an "ocean view" room and voila. How long are you in the room for anyways right? and who wants to be connected to the internet while on holidays?

6. Re: Punta Cana Baverlo Beach Hotel Deluxe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 06, 2014