We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Paradise Bavaro - Punta Cana - Closed for renovations?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
1 post
Save Topic
Grand Paradise Bavaro – Punta Cana - Closed for renovations?

I've read a few reviews indicating Grand Paradise Bavaro – Punta Cana will be closed for renovations either early 2013 or starting April 2013 - Is this actually the case? Will the entire resort be closed, or will portions of the resort be closed? We'd hate to book a week there only to arrive and have half the resort closed....

Shediac, Canada
Level Contributor
173 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Paradise Bavaro – Punta Cana - Closed for renovations?

avoid the resort if possible we been there and it`s not the best resort lots of time share people all over the place bugging you,...the food was the same all 2 weeks we were there,..besides that the rooms were good and the beach excelent

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
14,797 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Paradise Bavaro – Punta Cana - Closed for renovations?

Entire resort will be closed.

Purchased by a Subsidiary of Sunwing and will be rebranded when opened.

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
14,797 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Paradise Bavaro – Punta Cana - Closed for renovations?

Entire resort will be closed.

Purchased by a Subsidiary of Sunwing and will be rebranded when opened.

bluediamondresorts.com/pressroom/Blue-Diamon…

Gosport
Level Contributor
177 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Paradise Bavaro – Punta Cana - Closed for renovations?

Yes will be shut til november 2013 then renamed memories punta cana. Only know as we were originally booked for here and had to delve to get my booking changed free of charge. So now booked for the gbp bavaro.

Maryland
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Paradise Bavaro – Punta Cana - Closed for renovations?

I just dropped by to view photos and came across this thread. I came by to view photos b/c Groupon is currently running a deal on this resort! The travel window merges with the closure. Lost for words! Wow!

groupon.com/deals/ga-grand-paradise-bavaro-2…

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Paradise Bavaro – Punta Cana - Closed for renovations?

The whole resort will be closed for the reno's i cant understand any travel site or travel agency even booking you there after april-30-2013 trust me i am a member there and have been for the last 12 years and it is completly closed for the reno's confirmed i was just there from april-11-2013 to april-27-2013 re-opening is suppossed to be for november-9-2013 but give them a little bit of extra time i am personally booked to be back in dec-2013 untill jan-2014

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Paradise Bavaro – Punta Cana - Closed for renovations?

the whole hotel will be closed for the reno's not only partially i know i have been a member there for 12 years your travel site or travel agent should not even be able to book you there from april-30-2013 to nov-9-2013 which is the technical day that it will re-open.

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,544 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Paradise Bavaro – Punta Cana - Closed for renovations?

Has anyone stayed at a Blue Diamond resort? If so, is it truly considered a 5 star luxury resort? Will it be adults only or family friendly?

9. Re: Grand Paradise Bavaro – Punta Cana - Closed for renovations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 30, 2014