We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe - How much for Pirates Cove?

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe - How much for Pirates Cove?

I keep reading that there is an extra charge for this waterpark... does anyone know how much it costs?

Riverview
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe - How much for Pirates Cove?

I believe it is $20 per day. We are going March 27 so I will know more once I get back.

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
723 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe - How much for Pirates Cove?

Not certain - but I think the change in price from $10/day to $20/day was coincidental with the introduction of the resort credits giving $10 off coupons - to make it back to $10/day.

Have fun Rose - we are heading there April 10th (-:

Riverview
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe - How much for Pirates Cove?

We are going with our 3 kids ages 10, 14 & 17, so I think it will be only the 10 year old that will want to go to the Pirate Park. Looks like all kinds of people from NB are going. We can't wait!!

andmic30; when are you guys going?

Rose

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe - How much for Pirates Cove?

We haven't booked anything yet. We're trying to figure out the best resort that caters to kids (but still fits in our budget) :) We are 3 families with kids ranging from 8-10 years old. We have only ever gone South WITHOUT the kiddos so we don't want to regret the decision of bringing them along... HAHAHA! Looking for lots for them to do so we can still enjoy the umbrella drinks in the sun! Hee, hee!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
208 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe - How much for Pirates Cove?

andmic30 not sure what your plan is but if your looking for a decent resort 3 1/2 stars, great oceanviews and has a great childrens area you may want to look at the Barcelo Punta Cana. The beach is awesome as well as the pools. I have been there 6x now and going again in April. Is it 5 star no but for the money it is the best resort you can find. Try a renovated room in buildings 1-4, which have the best views for the money. The beach is great plus the views from the room, well that is what I go for. Food is what you expect at a large resort. The pizza at the pizza place above the Marlin is great. Lunch at the Mexican place (El Mirador) is a nice change from the buffet. If you want a quick breakfast go to the Marlin near the activity pool rather then the buffet. The ala-cartes are good and in the afternoon hot dogs and hambugers, etc... are available at the activity pool (at the Marlin). I always recommend this resort for those who want that "bang for their buck" so to speak. If your not fussy and are looking for a good vacation for your money then this is the place to go.

Edited: 11:21 pm, February 14, 2013
6. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe - How much for Pirates Cove?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 16, 2014