We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LIVE from Excellence

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
270 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
LIVE from Excellence

Hola! Our first full day at Excellence. As everyone says our taxi ride from the airport was a wild ride and long...almost an hour. Greeting was excellente! Room? Not so much. Booked our trip 10 months ago and specifically asked NOT to be put near the swimup but a swimout at the cascade pool. Guess where we ended up? Directly across from the swimup. The noise started very early in the morning and last night didn't let up until after 7pm. Very drunk loud people. We spent most of today at the beach which we loved. Drinks brought around regularly. Loved the choices for lunch and snacks at Las Olas. We checked out the cascade pool and it was quiet and gorgeous. We went to the desk and Edwin arranged for us to move tomorrow afternoon to the cascade pool with a private patio and lounge chairs. The only downside will be the ice machine directly across from our door. Tonight is a Super Bowl party and buffet during the game. Loving this resort so far!

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: LIVE from Excellence

Have a great vacation

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
270 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: LIVE from Excellence

No didn't ask because I don't really care. I was going to call last night but kept thinking they would quiet down. When I finally picked up the phone I heard them all shushing each other and closing their doors.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,126 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: LIVE from Excellence

Such a shame that people are behaving the way they are and being inconsiderate to other guests

I hope they behave themselves tonight

How is the weather???

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: LIVE from Excellence

Sorry to hear about your night last night. Not really what I would expect at the Excellence but sometimes you just get carried away I guess. lol...

Thanks for posting about the pool floats...will have to run out and try and find some in the stores.

Have a great day

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
270 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: LIVE from Excellence

Weather could be a little bit better. Quite a bit of cloud cover everyday but it can't be too bad. I'm burnt today. Bring LOTS of sunscreen.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
270 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: LIVE from Excellence

And the noisy group left today.

Sycamore, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: LIVE from Excellence

Absolutely flip,please make a phone call to the office about the noise.You are there to relax and not babysit.I would have made a phone call right away..ENJOY Excellence,it is an outstanding Resort..

Jon

18. Re: LIVE from Excellence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 08, 2014