We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lookin for a nice 5* resort in Punta Cana.

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
5 posts
Save Topic
Lookin for a nice 5* resort in Punta Cana.

We are looking for a resort where the rooms are close to the beach and is self-contained with several sit in dinning restaurants. My wife has knee problem and it will be difficult for her to walk to neighbouring resorts.

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Lookin for a nice 5* resort in Punta Cana.

Hi Fredhose,

Can you provide more info?

Adults only?

Big resort? (probably not a good idea with wifes knee)

Price range?

What you want from resort? (pool bars, activities, lots of ala cartes)

There are lots of fellow TA members that are very knowledgeabile and will help you but they will need to know these things to narrow down the field.

Edited: 12:06 am, February 01, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,915 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lookin for a nice 5* resort in Punta Cana.

If you're talking true 5 star, and you have the budget, then Tortuga Bay, Sanctuary, and Zoetry.

Mark

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,624 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lookin for a nice 5* resort in Punta Cana.

What do you mean by "Nice 5*???

Toronto, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lookin for a nice 5* resort in Punta Cana.

Thanks for the replies. Nice 5*, I meant good food, alacarte dinning, good service, nice location, clean and pleasant accomodation. We dont mind family resort as long as there are activities, performance to keep you occupied.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,915 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lookin for a nice 5* resort in Punta Cana.

Not knowing what your budget is, it's difficult to advise you. Strictly speaking, according to TripAdvisor, there are only a few 5 star resorts. I mentioned them. There are a bunch that are 4.5 star, 4 star, etc. that may suit you. The pricing varies widely. Tortuga Bay, for example is typically $700 plus per night, and that's not all-inclusive.

So what are you looking to spend?

Mark

Ontario
Level Contributor
76 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lookin for a nice 5* resort in Punta Cana.

I would recommend the Majestic Colonial. Not too large a resort and can be walked easily. Each building has an elevator if you are not located on the first floor (no more than 4 floors in any building). The main lobby also has 2 elevators that connect the lower lobby and upper lobby.

We are heading back for our 7th visit at the beginning of May for 2 weeks (staying in the new club adults only section).

The staff are amazing and the food is good. Definitely should check out all the reviews. We have been to several all inclusives throughout the caribbean and central America and the Colonial is our favourite, by far.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jibacoa
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lookin for a nice 5* resort in Punta Cana.

Take a look at Barcelo Bavaro Beach. It is a small resort on the beach for adults only and not a lot of walking. The buildings are 3 stories and have an elevator. It is part of Barcelo Bavaro beach Palace.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
629 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lookin for a nice 5* resort in Punta Cana.

I agree check out the Majestic Colonial/ Majestic Elegance.Great Resorts! Much Better than most All Inclusives.

Edited: 8:11 pm, February 01, 2013
wcw
penna.
Level Contributor
23 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lookin for a nice 5* resort in Punta Cana.

just returned from the iberostar grand that is as nice as it gets

Toronto, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Lookin for a nice 5* resort in Punta Cana.

Thanks to all of you for the posts which have helped us decide on Ibrostar Grand for one week in March next month.

I was wondering how could I make reservations for the evening dinning at alacarte restaurants before arriving in Punta Cana.