We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wi-fi at IFA Villas Bavaro

canada
Level Contributor
181 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Wi-fi at IFA Villas Bavaro

Hi...Taking the lazy way out... I know Wifi has come up in past posts but just wanted to get to the nitty gritty... Is there wi-fi available in the rooms? I know there is a charge but I didn't know if it was only available in lobby or wherever. Thanks for any replies...

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
15,078 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wi-fi at IFA Villas Bavaro

Here is a phone number you can call, toll free

And ask the ?

Edited: 2:31 pm, January 30, 2013
Lindsay, Canada
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wi-fi at IFA Villas Bavaro

I was informed by guest services at the resort that there is internet in all the rooms, even on the beach. What he didn't say if it was actually usable! We are heading down on Feb 10 and we will find out then. The cost was $10.00 a day.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
695 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wi-fi at IFA Villas Bavaro

westerngirl3 -- if nothing is working, in your favour, walk to the right (I believe), and there is the Aqua Beach Bar, You can sit, with a nice cold one, Great view of beach,And also recieve Free wi-fi! Its a must -do. On Sunday, there is nice bbq! Have a great Vacation,, Nice stretch of beach!

canada
Level Contributor
181 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wi-fi at IFA Villas Bavaro

Hi all...thank you so much for your replies... appreciate it

Lindsay, Canada
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wi-fi at IFA Villas Bavaro

Well there is wifi through out the resort, $10.00 a day or $40.00 for the week. You get a user name and password and it worked reasonably well in our room in the villas. There are a number of computers available for $4.00 a half hour.

canada
Level Contributor
181 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wi-fi at IFA Villas Bavaro

michael271... Thanks for the response.... Worth the $40 in your opinion? It may be my means of communicating with my children... (minus a phone call or two)

Lindsay, Canada
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Wi-fi at IFA Villas Bavaro

Yes, we use if for skyping home as well, bit weak in our room for video chat but voice was fine.

canada
Level Contributor
181 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wi-fi at IFA Villas Bavaro

Excellent...thanks so much again.

Tempe, Arizona
Level Contributor
4 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wi-fi at IFA Villas Bavaro

Thank you Michael!

I was disappointed that gobecon only delivers their device until 5pm. My flight arrives at 6 and really need the access also to get in touch with family and send some documents.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wi-fi at IFA Villas Bavaro

If you happen to book Gobecon for transfer they will bring the device with them for you... if that's an option...