We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do you like your Brugal rum?

Canada
Level Contributor
110 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
How do you like your Brugal rum?

i did not know much about Brugal until my visit to DR. I think I only had the golden variety (dorada) with coke at that time.

On my upcoming trip, I will make a point to try different ones and bring back a couple heh heh

Not sure if anyone posted this topic before but it makes for interesting discussion?

1. Which kind do you like? White/ Dorada/ Anejo/ Extra Vjero?

2. How do you drink yours?

Cheers!

NB Canada
Level Contributor
760 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do you like your Brugal rum?

I love my Brugal, with pinapple juice, it is awesome. I have brought home both Dorada and Anejo, i have 3 quarts of Anejo in my kitchen right now.....

2. Re: How do you like your Brugal rum?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:12 am, May 15, 2006
Milwaukee
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How do you like your Brugal rum?

I like my extra viejo with pepsi... Brought 4 bottles home from the DR, At $8 US per 700ml, I couldn't pass it up... Just wish I could find some here in WI

Level Contributor
1,040 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How do you like your Brugal rum?

Wisfla you'll just have to make another trip to the DR. What side of Milwaukee are you on? We're south.

Level Contributor
1,040 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How do you like your Brugal rum?

You will all think I'm an idiot, but I just went to look at what rum we had left from our trip, and I found a whole unopened bottle of Brugal at the back of our cabinet. I think we forgot about it!

Maryland
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: How do you like your Brugal rum?

I brought back 1 bottle Anejo and 2 bottles of Extra Viejo home with me. I like the Extra better because it's smoother. Can't beat the price on either one. I didn't get the chance to try white or dorado. Anyone know how they compare to the two I've had?

Also wisfla, check with some of the larger liquor stores in your area. There's one near me that will special order almost anything at no extra charge as a service to the customer. I'm going to try there when I run out. If not, I guess I'll have to take another trip to DR....oh darn.

Maryland
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: How do you like your Brugal rum?

crazy4dabeach - You're not an idiot, you're actually pretty smart. That's called rationing!!

It's like hiding a $20 bill you don't need right now somewhere you know you'll find it in a few weeks or months so that you'll be happily surprised when you find it. Just don't forget where you put it.

Lexington,Ky
Level Contributor
141 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How do you like your Brugal rum?

Beach bb

When we were in the DR we had our rum with 7-up in a glass bottle on a tour. (Forgot how much better soda tastes from a glass bottle!) The tour guide called it Dominican champagne-it was actually pretty good.

Canada
Level Contributor
110 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How do you like your Brugal rum?

Dominican Champagne eh? That sounds like my kind of drink!

These are great ideas for what to do with all the rum I am going to haul back. :P And other alchies too! Keep the post coming!

I am already planning to make some mojitos!

Cheers

Maryland
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: How do you like your Brugal rum?

We had the Dominican Champagne as well on the Outback Safari. The guide made it with Ron Siboney rum, which he said was only available in Santo Domingo (not sure if this is true or not). It was very good but I tried to reproduce it back at the resort using Barcelo rum and 7-up and it wasn't as good.