We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Allegro Punta Cana Restaurants

Michigan USA
Level Contributor
451 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Allegro Punta Cana Restaurants

Can you tell me how the al-acarte restaurants are set up. Do you make reservations? We will be there for 4 nights, do they allow a certain amount of times you can go? Which ones would you recommend.

Ottawa, ON
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Allegro Punta Cana Restaurants

We were there 2nd week of Jan - went to the La Yola - seafood a la carte - not bad but you have to like seafood it's a bit fishy - then tried the Grill - steak we had the RIBS - comes highly recommended. Three times for reservations each night. The Italian was supposed to be very good also not sure about the Mediterainian.

Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Allegro Punta Cana Restaurants

dMac. . . .the Italian restaurant was not good, the pasta station at the buffet was much better, although the ambience was nice.

The Carribbean themes restaurant was not to our liking . . food wasn;'t very good, only restaurant I didnt try was the Steakhouse.

Buffet is good, no need to do specialty restaurants

Level Contributor
114 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Allegro Punta Cana Restaurants

Just got back from Allegro, we had a great time. You can make up to 3 reservations for the week. Call early, they go quick. Each restaurant has 3 different seating times. I think it's 6:30, 8:00 and 9:30. We only tried the Italian restaurant. It was ok but the mariachi band was so loud you couldn't even talk.

By the way, we stayed in building 5--it was the best. Oceanview rooms, directly on the beach and close to the restaurants and the pool.

Have fun!