We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aventuras Dominican Excursions

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Aventuras Dominican Excursions

I will be in Punta Cana in early March 2013. Has anyone booked tours through this company? Would like to know if they are reliable and the experience people have had. They state that their prices are cheaper than excursions sold through the resorts. Thanks!

Worcester...
Level Contributor
879 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Aventuras Dominican Excursions

I haven't booked excursions through them, but after researching various activities/excursions on TA I booked two excursions on my own (both under $100 per person) one was the outback safari tour & the other was the horseplay & ziplining tours (horse back riding. & ziplining). You can check them out on TA, google them & even YouTube them to view videos to get a better idea about them (I was able to book the tours directly with the tour companies).

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
2. Re: Aventuras Dominican Excursions

never heard of the company, but by the sound they are no excursion outfitter, just a sales company, so you could purchase your tours with your touroperator's sales representative at the resort for the same.

online prebooking makes only sense and save's money if you book with the Outfitter/Owner of a specific Tour directly, as they can give the best rates only, because then they do not need to pay the usual 40-60% sales comissions to the middlesmen/salescompany.

don't search for salesites, search for the contact with the Outfitters themselves for your planned excursions, then you get the best deal.

happy travels

Mike

Sigiriya, Sri Lanka
1 post
1 review
3. Re: Aventuras Dominican Excursions

I've just booked a selection of excursions with this company. Had a few problems paying with my American Express online however George at Aventuras was very helpful on the phone. He offered lots of solutions to help me get the bookings sorted and even gave me a great deal on the excursions too. So far so good, will update when we go on the trips next week.

Edited: 1:36 am, February 16, 2013
Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
4. Re: Aventuras Dominican Excursions

great to hear.

on which excursions you decided to book?

enjoy them all

Mike

Tallmadge, Ohio
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: Aventuras Dominican Excursions

I have booked the Mega Whale Watching by Air trip that we will be gong on February 25. I will let you know how it goes!!!

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
6. Re: Aventuras Dominican Excursions

the flight excursion to Samana to see the humpback whales is a great one, our waters are actully full of those beautiful animals.

have a fantastic stay

Mike

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
7. Re: Aventuras Dominican Excursions

I booked with them online as well, no issues at all.

Boston...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
8. Re: Aventuras Dominican Excursions

Can you give an update on your experience with this company? How were your tours?

Boston...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
9. Re: Aventuras Dominican Excursions

Can you give an update on your experience with this company? How were your tours?

Knoxville, Tennessee
1 post
2 reviews
10. Re: Aventuras Dominican Excursions

Do not do business here! I booked through this company, did the online order and was told that the vouchers would be received via email in 24 hours. I never received the vouchers. I have tried calling numerous times, left numerous voicemails and emailed several times. I once got in touch with a non English speaking individual who stated I would receive the vouchers, no problem. Yet again, I received no vouchers. Based on the internet, they appear to be a real company. They are even registered with the state for Florida! Do not do business here. I am having to file a fraud claim to get my money returned.