We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question re: Ocean Blue

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
1 post
Save Topic
Question re: Ocean Blue

Planning on booking for 6/12 - 19 and I would appreciate some feedback. Is the water calm or wavy. Where would you recommend I request a room with an ocean view or closest all around to everything. And what is the scoop with the palapas??? These r different! Do they truly provide shade when needed? And......do I have to get up at the crack of dawn to place towels underneath one? Finally.....do you recommend this resort? I have been twice and stayed at the PC Princess and The Bahia Principe...

Thanks much!

Stinky New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Question re: Ocean Blue

Went in January...it was a bit windy when I was there, so water was a little wavy. When we were lucky enough to get a palapas it provided alot of shade. Most rooms do not face the beach...yes recommend this resort. Do not know about the other resorts. I'm sure since your post is nicely put others will supply some input for you that will help you decide.

Your TA Pal

Futzy

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,399 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question re: Ocean Blue

I stayed at this resort March of last year! It's by far my favorite resort in Punta Cana and i'm looking forward to returning next year!

I didn't find the waves very rough while i was there, I was actually able to snorkle off sure a few different times! I'm not sure how busy the resort will be at the time your going but most people do get up early and leave towels on the chairs, but if the resort isn't busy then don't worry as there are many loungers!

Finally i'd request anyroom near and facing the pool as these rooms all have an ocean view, I believe i stayed in block 5 and the view was great!

Once again this is an excellent resort and I highly recommend it

I also have many pictures and am willing to share, email me at jonembree@msn.com and i'll send you some. (PS i'm leaving for Mexico for a week so won't be able to reply until after the 15th)

Enjoy,

Jonii

Loveland
Level Contributor
974 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question re: Ocean Blue

Hi Elaine! The water at Ocean Blue is usually wavy. I find it to be very enjoyable and I bring a boogie board along to play with. I would suggest villa #6 for you since it's close to the beach and also provides a pool view. Villa #5 is also good. The palapas are unique to Ocean Blue and yes, they do provide adequate shading. I found no need to get up early to reserve a palapa at the beach. There are plenty to go around. However, if you want an umbrella around the two pools , you will have to get up at the crack of dawn and stake one out. I would highly recommend this resort!! I just got back today from Ocean Blue................my second time there! I love this property! It's beautiful!!! Please go with a positive attitude and a joyful spirit and you'll have a wonderful time!! If you will write to me at: loveallinclusives@hotmail.com ... I will send you some pictures and try to answer any other questions you may have!!! Have fun!!

love