We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upgrades at Palma Real

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Upgrades at Palma Real

Is it possible to get a room upgrade by tipping the person checking you in? Also, are the outdoor beds for everyone or just if you have Royal Service? Do you have to make reservations at the restaurants well in advance? What activities are included with the all-inclusive (diving, horseback riding, snorkling ect...)?

Thanks

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
106 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Upgrades at Palma Real

Not sure about upgrades- we were in the least expensive room and were very happy with it- room is really nice- and you are rarely in it. I was very worried and wanted to upgrade- until I got there and just decided to deal with what we had- which was quite nice.

The outdoor beds by pool are for everyone. I usually threw a towel and magazine in one on my way to breakfast- around 8:45 and had a problem reserving them. There are a bunch opf them. At the beach, they are only for royal service- but we were very happy with beach chairs.

No reservations for dinner- we went between 7:30 and 8:30 and they were empty- no wait...

We did the free snorkeling excursion- you just need to sign up day before or just show up 10 minutes before boat leaves and they will let you on if people do not show- pretty common.