We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Queens, New York
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic

hello all

trying to get this right all information is welcomed 5 days for me and my hubby this is our first trip to Punta Cana just looking for some advice on where to stay and have lots of fun looking for a great deal on a all inclusive we will be traveling May 1 throw May 5 2013 we both in for late 30 early 40 still like to party and drink so far i have done little research . beach is a must pool ,bar great good and club if there is any so far i have Catalonia Punta Cana, Barcelo Punta Cana, Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort, Tropical Princess Beach Resort, Occidental Grand Punta Cana, hotel must be up to date any help Thank you so much !!

Allentown, PA
Level Contributor
425 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newbie

I have been to both Majestic Elegance and Royal Suites Turquesa and would highly recommend either.

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newbie

Thank you Pajoebo will look into them too

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
8,851 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Newbie

Many Punta Cana resorts fit your criteria. It's really a question of what your budget is like and if you would prefer an adult-only or a family-friendly complex! The beginning of May is a shoulder season, so many of the higher-end resorts will be more affordable, especially if you require better quality all-inclusive food & beverage service as well as a resort with lots of facilities and amenities!

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Newbie

Hello TravelPro and thanks for all the info for now the max i want to spend is 2000 for both airfare and hotel a all adult will be get am still doing research hoping to get as much info as i can before i book anything

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,805 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Newbie

None of the the resorts you mentioned are adult only (I assume that's what you mean by "all adult").

From what I can see, according to Expedia, you can get non-stop from Newark for $496 per person, so $992 for two people. That leaves $1008 for the hotel, which means $252 per night for four nights.

The following adult only resorts would be within that budget at that time, booking now (rated highest to lowest according to Expedia star rating):

Excellence Punta Cana (booking direct with the hotel, not through Expedia)

Catalonia Royal Bavaro

Majestic Colonial Club (adult only section)

Barcelo Bavaro Beach

Riu Palace Macao

Punta Cana Princess

Mark

6. Re: Newbie

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 am, February 13, 2013
N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Newbie

I second the Majestic

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,805 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Newbie

No paulette, I own a software company.

I've been looking for me and some family members for May or June. It took me seconds to select the dates and get a listing. Actually, I already knew the resorts that were applicable - I just didn't know what flight costs out of New York would be.

Mark

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Newbie

Well you still sound like a travel agent.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,805 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Newbie

I might as well be. Many family and friends get me to help them because I've travelled a lot, and I tend to find good deals.

Mark