We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams Punta Cana - Outstanding

Toronto
Level Contributor
106 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Dreams Punta Cana - Outstanding

Dreams Punta Cana gets some serious flack for being a terrible resort. I've been to many resorts in Punta Cana and the Caribbean and Dreams resorts are one of the best service oriented resorts. Take all Tripadvisor postings and reviews with a grain of salt. Sure there are speed bumps at every resort but you are on holidays on a beautiful island. Regroup and move forward. Sure my mini bar wasn't restocked one day but I went to preferred club and had a double Grey Goose on the rocks. Done!! Everytime we had a request most were honoured with a smile. If you are going to Dreams or any resort and have an issue, hopefully you can still enjoy and not find a fault with every situation. I'm sure some people who complain on Tripadvisor also have those complaints at home

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreams Punta Cana - Outstanding

Glad you had a good time.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
19 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreams Punta Cana - Outstanding

I can definitely attest to this. They will not leave you unhappy regardless of the request.

Our mini bar and room service (twice a day) was consistent throughout our 12 night stay from dec 11-23..

Great staff and mgm IMO!!!

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
629 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreams Punta Cana - Outstanding

Better than the Majestic?

Toronto
Level Contributor
112 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dreams Punta Cana - Outstanding

Great to read this post and thank you for sharing. We leave in the morning for Dreams Punta Cana!! Looking forward to 11 days of bliss!

Level Contributor
100 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dreams Punta Cana - Outstanding

Have all rooms been updated?

Toronto
Level Contributor
106 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dreams Punta Cana - Outstanding

I liked it better than Majestic in a lot of ways. The people were much more friendly at Dreams plus they had bottled beer (Bud, Coors light, Etc.). Its tough for a beer drinker to have draft all week like at the Majestic. As for the rooms being updated, I'm not sure but our room was updated and modern.

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
259 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dreams Punta Cana - Outstanding

I realize food is a very subjective thing but how was the quality and selection of food while you were there?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
10,265 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dreams Punta Cana - Outstanding

I've been to Dreams Punta Cana twice, and I liked it. It wouldn't be my choice for an adult vacation, but it's a good family resort. The standard rooms are quite small, which doesn't bother me, but might bother others.

Mark

9. Re: Dreams Punta Cana - Outstanding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, January 06, 2014