We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Second guessing my choice - Ocean Blue

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edison, New Jersey
Level Contributor
67 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Second guessing my choice - Ocean Blue

Tell me it'll be ok! I am going with 5 other friends for a Girls' Getaway in February to Ocean Blue and Sand. Looking for some beach time, pool time, good drinks/meals, relaxing and not being called "Mom" for 5 days.

We were pretty confident in our selection and thought we did a lot of research, but since we've booked it, I've been reading reviews on other properties that sound so much better, and have read reviews on OB& S that don't sound so great.

We can't change our reservation, so we will make the most of it, for sure, but I guess I'm just looking for some reassurance from the experts :)

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
435 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Second guessing my choice - Ocean Blue

We have been to this resort twice, you will have a great time, dont; worry, a vacation is what you make it, don't worry about the small stuff, every resort is going to have minor hiccups, remember to ask if there is a problem and they will accomodate if they can, go and enjoy, the beach is lovely, you can walk forever, the pool is the best in any resort we have been to, Have fun

Edison, New Jersey
Level Contributor
67 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Second guessing my choice - Ocean Blue

See? I feel better already! Thank you :)

I'm not terribly hard to please, and don't nit pick every detail. We we just want a few days away from the kids to relax and enjoy ourselves. We're very much looking forward to it!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Second guessing my choice - Ocean Blue

don't you worry on the whole the reviews are good this happens every time you book a hotel we seem to think other hotels are better,we are are going there feb and I don't have any worries your a group of ladies I'm sure you will have a laugh in each others company,you have booked it now so look forward to it.

Lancaster, Texas
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Second guessing my choice - Ocean Blue

I am going through the same thing! I am going Jan 1, and I finally stopped reading all of the reviews of other properties once I booked. I am a teacher, and we get student reviews. I have learned that usually the people who love you or hate you are the ones that write the reviews. The others didn't take the time to fill one out. I try to remember that when reading the resort reviews.

I think we all have doubts once that resort is booked. I am hoping for the best too! :o)

Arnprior, Canada
Level Contributor
1,782 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Second guessing my choice - Ocean Blue

My rule of thumb is once I book, i don't read reviews. Don't usually have cancellation insurance so whats the use. Enjoy your vacation, I'm sure you will have a wonderful time.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
4,562 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Second guessing my choice - Ocean Blue

If there are any obstacles to overcome you will be with 4 of your friends. Laugh, drink, be merry and there will be no worries. It doesn't get much better than that!!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Second guessing my choice - Ocean Blue

Don't worry, be happy. I was there 2 years ago and loved it. Great place. Wait until you go in Mike's Coffee House. Yummy.

Have fun.

Edison, New Jersey
Level Contributor
67 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Second guessing my choice - Ocean Blue

Thanks, all. I appreciate the feedback! Can't wait to go to Mike's!!!

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Second guessing my choice - Ocean Blue

Been to the Ocean Blue twice.................you'll have a good time.

Summerside
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Second guessing my choice - Ocean Blue

Been there 5 times and loved it. We made the mistake of going in March on our last trip and were horrified by the hundreds of spring breakers taking over the resort in their drunken stupor. Will never do March again.