We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catalonia Royal Bavaro Jan. 23

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
120 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Catalonia Royal Bavaro Jan. 23

I`m starting my countdown. Looking forward to our weeks vacation to Catalonia Royal Bavaro. When I booked the vacation I asked for an upper room, pool view and closest building to the beach. Is it recommended that I contact the hotel before we arrive and ask for this again. If so, how many days before we arrive should I do this and who do I contact at the hotel.

Thanks

Dracut...
Level Contributor
79 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Catalonia Royal Bavaro Jan. 23

10 days prior is appropriate, and I would think calling the hotel directly is the best way to contact them, and follow up with an email.

I think Marg may have more info.

Edited: 7:19 am, December 05, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Catalonia Royal Bavaro Jan. 23

It's okay to contact the hotel no sooner than 7-10 days before arrival. Please remember these are requests only which will be only fulfilled based on availability on check in. You will not have a room reserved in advance with your choices.

royal.adireccion@hoteles-catalonia.es

Where you're placed will depend on room category you have booked. One thing to keep in mind is if you booked the standard superior suites and ask for room closest to the beach, you could be placed in one of the "new" Royal buildings and possibly in an non renovated room. If you booked a deluxe room this won't be an issue.

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
120 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Catalonia Royal Bavaro Jan. 23

I did book a superior suite. Margadagio, what do you mean we could be placed in one of the "new" Royal buildings and possibly in a non-renovated room. I see 6 buildings in the resort diagram I have. They"re not putting up more buildings are they. Do you mean we might get a room in the first 2 buildings closest to the beach which are normally Deluxe Rooms but that it would be one that isn't renovated yet? If this is the case, this isn't a bad thing is it? The rooms are larger and the bathrooms are larger I understand.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Catalonia Royal Bavaro Jan. 23

There were 2 buildings, that were previously part of the Bavaro Privileged section, added to the Royal side. These rooms are now closest to the beach. Only a handful of rooms in #19 have been renovated. I personally wouldn't have a problem staying in those buildings but for others perhaps it may not be their first choice. Just letting you know to be aware if you ask for closest to beach this is what you may get.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/90499684@N07/8221809452/in/photostream

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
485 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Catalonia Royal Bavaro Jan. 23

I was in block 19 just recently. Not bad rooms & I think I still had an older room.

They are a little smaller then the rooms in the other buildings.

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
120 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Catalonia Royal Bavaro Jan. 23

Are the rooms in building 19 like the Superior rooms on the Royal side with bathtub in the room and a hammock on the balcony? I'm just trying to decide if I want to give up a nicer room for being closer to the beach. The Superior room locations at the Royal would be closer to the Royal buffet and the eating places at the Catalonia I understand. The Royal Superior room locations look like they'd be approximately half way between the beach and Royal Buffet so maybe that would be a better choice. Any thoughts on this.

Thanks

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Catalonia Royal Bavaro Jan. 23

I've no problem being closer to the lobby. When I go to the beach I'm there for the day and never return to my room until late afternoon. With little to no ocean view there's no advantage to being close to the beach.

It sounds like Sea Blue may be open for dinner again. That means there are 3 restaurants open for the evening meal. Two down towards the beach and the other near the lobby. There are 4 more + buffet on Bavaro side. In other words doesn't matter what room you're in. Select a room based on type (superior, deluxe or private pool villa) rather than location.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
485 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Catalonia Royal Bavaro Jan. 23

I enjoyed staying in building 19. But just to give u an Idea.. it's about a 3 min walk from main royal lobby to beach..

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
120 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Catalonia Royal Bavaro Jan. 23

Thank you all for your input. You've helped me very much in my decision on room location.

Thanks again

Halifax, Nova...
Level Contributor
19 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Catalonia Royal Bavaro Jan. 23

Just wondering if anyone can post a pic of the rooms in building 18 or 19. My husband and I booked a Jr. Superior room for next month and know what they look like so it would be nice to have something to compare it to. We've stayed at this resort last year and can't wait to return. We were in the Deluxe Jr. Suite last time. Thanks for any info.....