We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Punta cana in June-what to expect?

Indiana
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Topic
Punta cana in June-what to expect?

We are not going on Vac until June. Still trying to decide on Jamaica, DR or Riviera Maya.. Just wondered what kind of weather to expect this time of year. Talked to one person and they said it would be real hot (just how hot she didn't say) and buggy in June in the DR...I can stand the heat..any input on any or all of the above places?

Toronto
Level Contributor
206 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Punta cana in June-what to expect?

I was in Punta Cana the first week of June in 2003 and all I can say is it was HOT HOT HOT... I am not complaining.. b/c we got an amazing deal and just wanted to get away.. but be prepared for it to be hot anywhere you go during the summer... I didn't mind it being hot during hte day.. but it would get pretty hot at night too.. with no wind (unlike travelling to Punta in the winter when it is quite windy). Bugs were also around... again.. summer time.. more bugs. If you can stand the heat.. go for it... and bring your bug spray.

Prince Edward Island
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Punta cana in June-what to expect?

My husband and I have travelled to the DR and to the Mayan Riviera on two separate occasions during the month of July. It was our experience that Mexico was hotter than the DR in July. (Not as breezy if I recall) Perhaps it was just where we were located. Along the Mayan Riviera, we stayed at the Bahia Principe Tulum and in Punta Cana, at the Sirenis. I don't recall bugs at either location. I don't think you could go wrong with either choice. I don't know anything first hand about Jamaica. I think it all depends on the resort quality and of course, the beach! Have fun! I envy you!

Indiana
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Punta cana in June-what to expect?

Thanks for the info...The more places I look at the more places I want to go-(they all look soo nice this time of year especially!) Th DR just looks more tropical to me than Jamaica or Riviera Maya...