We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Price dropped!!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
86 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Price dropped!!

We booked through Sunwing online and I see now that the price of the package has dropped by $100. Leaving Dec. 3rd.

Arggggh.... oh well.

ontario, canada
Level Contributor
268 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Price dropped!!

thats it mine dropped by over 150.00 each...RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Price dropped!!

That's exactly why I book Apple and their insurance. Sure you pay for it. But I book so far in advance anything can happen. And here is the best part. If my exact vacation goes down, I can claim the savings. Last year my trip to PC dropped $740 per couple in July. I had booked in March. One phone call and I claimed the lower price. It also protects me from fuel surcharges.

Toronto,ON
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Price dropped!!

Ours dropped as well. We don't normally travel at peak Christmas time but decided to this year. We were trying to stay on a budget after having an expensive year building a house. We booked the Bahia in Jamaica but really wanted the Secrets. When the price dropped we called our agent and switched to the Secrets. It was originally close to $600 per person more but after the price drops we paid less then $200 more. So we were able to take advantage of the price drops and kept my husband happy as I didn't kill the budget.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Price dropped!!

Did you not register for the Price Drop Guarantee with Sunwing??

Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Price dropped!!

Grumpymailman - Canadians don't have the option of booking through Apple.

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
15,319 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Price dropped!!

My package went up by $250 per person, glad I booked early.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
1,116 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Price dropped!!

Our is up a little too...

J.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
14,699 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Price dropped!!

SweetLB, yes you can book the resort with Apple or anyone you choose, doesn't have to be in Canada,,, I have booked a few times with American companys, you just can't usually find packages out of the U.S. though.

Edited: 10:57 am, December 02, 2012
9. Re: Price dropped!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 am, December 17, 2013