We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana repeat customer, need help!

Toronto, Canada
8 posts
Save Topic
Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana repeat customer, need help!

hello,

I am staying at Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana next week on Dec 6. I read that you should email them 7-10 days before letting them know you are a repeat customer to see if they can do anything for you as far as upgrades. I was wondering if anyone could tell me who I email? Do I get the email address from the Grand Bahia Principe website or travel agency? Do I then do a general email to the chain and then tell them hotel? or do I find the exact hotel and email them directly? If so, how do I find there email?

sorry for all the questions, hopefully someone can help me :)

Nicole

England
Level Contributor
144 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana repeat customer, need help!

Hi NIcole,

Have a fantastic time at GBP, Punta Cana, we were there last month and had a wonderful time, the lady you need to contact by email is Albania Batista for your 'requests' at asistenteventasbppuj@bahia-principe.com When we emailed her she replied the same day, but I have heard others say that she may not always get around to replying, apparently she is a very busy lady, either way I'm confident that she will do her best to accomadate you. Good luck, best wishes, Amanda

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,709 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana repeat customer, need help!

Here is information from a recent prior forum post from fellow destination expert Brooklin regarding repeat guest VIP status:

"Here is the criteria for each of the Bahia resorts.

Bahia Bavaro/Punta Cana/Premier Resorts:

- After the third visit at any Bahia resort - so on the 4th visit a guest would receive the VIP status.

Bahia Ambar:

- guests at the Ambar who have been more than three times at any other Bahia resort, which could also include the Ambar, will receive the VIP "black wristband". - so on their 4th visit, they would receive it.

Bahia Esmeralda:

Guests of the Gran Bahia Principe Esmeralda is substantially different - they will receive the "Black wristband" if they have been a guest at the Esmeralda after their 5th visit to the Esmeralda only - so on their 6th visit to the Esmeralda, they would receive it."

Albania Batisa is indeed the appropriate person to contact via email at that aforementioned address. Be sure to include your current arrival date, tour operator's name & booking number, as well as documentation of your prior visits.

Hope this helps!

Ajijic, Mexico
Level Contributor
795 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana repeat customer, need help!

FWIW - I first received the black wristband at the Ambar on my third visit to a Gran Bahai resort so no harm in asking - just provide them with the dates/locations of prior visits.

That said, don't be too disappointed if you don't get it. It doesn't really get you much "extra" beyond a warm fuzzy feeling.

Lincoln,ne
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana repeat customer, need help!

So, what exactly does the "black" wristband get you? Will be there for 3rd time next month.

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,709 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana repeat customer, need help!

In a nut-shell, it depends upon which Gran Bahia resort section you are staying at!

A simple topic search in the green-shaded box at the top of this center column will give you lots of information. Type in something like "Gran Bahia VIP bands".

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana repeat customer, need help!

Actually travelpro, the rule has changed recently. It is on your 4th visit to the "Ambar", not 4th visit to "any" Bahia resort. I just found this out the other day. I will let Brooklin elaborate.

Edited: 2:54 pm, November 28, 2012
7. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana repeat customer, need help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:58 pm, November 29, 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
510 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana repeat customer, need help!

It is indeed a Silver bracelet that you recieve as a repeat customer to Premier/Bavaro/Punta Cana.

Toronto, Canada
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana repeat customer, need help!

Thank you all so much! You have been a great help and I am going to email her right now :)

Canada
Level Contributor
853 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana repeat customer, need help!

John- I see the VIP status changed since I last read a message from you about it.

We're going in a month with the Royal Golden package. Our second time. Any thoughts on which bracelet is "better"?