We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Book On TripAdvisor Bonus Book your hotel on TripAdvisor — then save 20% on things to do for your trip. Use code BOOKTOSAVE.

IFA vs Catalonia? for Mid - Late 20s couple

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
toronto
Level Contributor
76 posts
11 reviews
IFA vs Catalonia? for Mid - Late 20s couple

Hello,

mid-late 20s chill couple looking to spend 3 nights at a hotel in Bavaro/Punta Cana. We've been to hotels ranging from 3 to 4.5 star in the area so we know what to expect. Just wondering if anyone can recommend IFA or Catalonia for a simple 3 day stay.

Looking for:

- clean

- decent food

- nice beach area

- good social vibe

- good nightly entertainment and bar scene

We just don't wanna be bored and hungry and in filth :)

Thanks!

Toronto
Level Contributor
515 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: IFA vs Catalonia? for Mid - Late 20s couple

We went to IFA last February for a week and enjoyed it. Rooms were clean and comfortable, although the beds were a little hard, fabulous beach and always something going on at the main pool. The buffets were ok but I got bored with them after a couple of days. The a las cartes were good and the buffet down by the beach at lunch time was good. Also, the snack bar by the main pool was good too ( great pizza!) Although we didn't go to the disco, there is one on site that we heard was pretty good. It's not a bad place for a three day holiday. Having said that, I've never been to the Catalonia but one of my friends with us at the IFA, had been to the Catalonia a few years back and felt it was a little better quality than the IFA.

canada
Level Contributor
3,463 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: IFA vs Catalonia? for Mid - Late 20s couple

never been to the IFA but have been to Catalonia twice.

food was decent...esp the snack bar by the pool with delish roast chicken on spits..and a really good pizza oven. Pool was huge and deep..beach was calm and spotless.

I would go back to catalonia ..but probably on adult only side now as we have been spoiled with the adult only resorts the last couple trips.

N. Atlanta
Level Contributor
800 posts
36 reviews
3. Re: IFA vs Catalonia? for Mid - Late 20s couple

I haven't been to either but out of the two, I would choose the Catalonia. We stayed next to the IFA at the Barcelo Bavaro Beach resort and walked by their beach. I wasn't impressed. Kind of a small stretch and not many trees. I think the beach at the Catalonia looks better and there is probably more dining choices.

toronto
Level Contributor
76 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: IFA vs Catalonia? for Mid - Late 20s couple

Thank you all for your feedback. I really appreciate it. I'm leaning towards IFA because Catalonia is so far from all the action

5. Re: IFA vs Catalonia? for Mid - Late 20s couple

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, December 16, 2013