We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hard Rock Punta Cana vs Hotel Riu Palace

Mechanicville, New...
Level Contributor
33 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Hard Rock Punta Cana vs Hotel Riu Palace

We have decided to travel to Punta Cana in May... Watched the hotel Riu Palace being built in 06 and thought it was beautiful... Have been read reviews on the Hard Rock also. Does any one have input? Looking for beautiful rooms with ocean views, lots of entertainment and a lot of great restaurants to choose from!

Bavaro, Dominican...
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hard Rock Punta Cana vs Hotel Riu Palace

It can depend on what your looking for In surroundings as well, a couple of comments I hear an awful lot about the Hard Rock are "great resort but its too vegas, and its like walking through a US mall" not my personal opinions just comments made, I'd love to stay there but its a little to pricey for me.

Arnprior, Canada
Level Contributor
1,815 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hard Rock Punta Cana vs Hotel Riu Palace

The Hard Rock is set quite a distance from the beach. It does have a more modern look and feel to it and it is very big and the water is rough. The rooms closer to the ocean are farther from the main building. I think the ticket to getting ocean view there is to get a room on a higher floor. Personally, I would prefer the Palace. It is smaller, 610 rooms, the ocean is a bit calmer, and although the rooms are modern, it still has a nice carribean vibe to it. The property (all Rius) is older so the property is a bit more mature. And once again, the higher up you are the better the ocean view will be. AND the Palace is cheaper. Just my two cents.

Edited: 11:00 am, November 22, 2012
3. Re: Hard Rock Punta Cana vs Hotel Riu Palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, December 16, 2013