We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

S.O.S.!!! Booking TODAY and need help picking!!

Brandon, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
S.O.S.!!! Booking TODAY and need help picking!!

Can anyone out there please give us your opinions as to what resorts for couples and singles to book?? We are so far torn between the Majestic Colonial and the Iberostar Bavaro. Which is better? Or are there other great resorts out there in the same price line that we should look at??? Please help us as we'd like to book today as some resorts are selling out quickly! Thanks!

Ellicott City MD
Level Contributor
2,896 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: S.O.S.!!! Booking TODAY and need help picking!!

Both resorts are listed in the top 10.

Iberostar is more upscale and the Colonial gets great reviews as well.

For a price point, Colonial will be less expensive.

I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,966 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: S.O.S.!!! Booking TODAY and need help picking!!

Iberostar Bavaro or Iberostar Bavaro Grand? If the Grand, then it's more upscale than Majestic (and adult only), and much more expensive. If it's the Iberostar Bavaro, then my choice would be Majestic.

Mark

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,885 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: S.O.S.!!! Booking TODAY and need help picking!!

Majestic was higher priced out of canada last time that I was looking.

Brandon, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: S.O.S.!!! Booking TODAY and need help picking!!

Thank you for the replies! Mark, as far as the Majestic Colonial over the Bavaro can I ask why?

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,077 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: S.O.S.!!! Booking TODAY and need help picking!!

Out of Toronto Pearson, there is basically no difference in price between the Iberostar and the Majestic.

Was just verifying Dec 13 - 16 rates and they were within a few dollars of one another.

Beachnut,

Both are excellent resorts and I am sure that you would certainly enjoy either one - one difference that may make a difference to you is that the rooms at the Majestic have an open concept bathroom, as you may have seen in the resort photos listed here on Tripadvisor, which the Iberostar Bavaro does not have. I would give the Iberostar an edge with a nicer beach in my opinion, but the Majestic is newer, if that makes a difference to you.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Summerside
Level Contributor
1,446 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: S.O.S.!!! Booking TODAY and need help picking!!

We have stayed at the Majestic three times and are returning for our fourth visit in Feb and bringing 7 more return guests and 6 new guests. We love the resort for it's beauty, the great wide beach, the excellent customer service, the large expansive lobby and the many bars to visit in the evening.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,966 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: S.O.S.!!! Booking TODAY and need help picking!!

Personal preference. I like the style of Majestic better. It's rated higher, and typically costs less as well. But they're very close, so whatever one appeals to you is what you should choose.

But don't confuse it with the Grand, which is clearly superior to both, but more expensive.

Mark

Bavaro, Dominican...
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: S.O.S.!!! Booking TODAY and need help picking!!

These 2 resorts are both highly rated, I think for every 10 who recommend one another 10 will recommend the other, don't add another resort into the mix or your head may explode, which ever one took your fancy first time go for it if its really equal toss a coin, both are great places and when you like what you see in the area you can try the other next time

9. Re: S.O.S.!!! Booking TODAY and need help picking!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 28, 2013